Monthly gmt files missing for some species

Uku Raudvere

Dec 16, 2020, 7:08:07 AM12/16/20
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

It seems that some species are missing the gmt files starting with the 20201110 release.

wikipathways-20201010-gmt-Sus_scrofa.gmt
wikipathways-20201010-gmt-Equus_caballus.gmt
wikipathways-20201010-gmt-Populus_trichocarpa.gmt

I looked for, but didn't find, any notice of deprecation or announcement about removing these files. Were they removed deliberately? Will they return in future releases?

Best,
Uku

Kristina Hanspers

Dec 16, 2020, 12:53:21 PM12/16/20
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Uku,

The missing gmts are due to an error, we are working to fix it. The data release will be updated.

Regards,

Kristina

Alex Pico

Dec 16, 2020, 5:40:30 PM12/16/20
to wikipathways-discuss
In the meantime, it would be great to know how you are using these. Frankly, I was starting to doubt our need to release these regularly for species that don’t actually see regular updates to the content. For example, Sus scrofa file is the same as it was a year ago. It would be helpful to learn about your real world use cases.

 - Alex

Uku Raudvere

Dec 17, 2020, 9:09:02 AM12/17/20
to wikipathways-discuss
I'm very glad that it's just an error and the files will return. Thank you for looking into it!

As for my use case - I prepare quarterly releases of our functional enrichment analysis tool g:Profiler (https://biit.cs.ut.ee/gprofiler). We use the WikiPathways gmt files for some of our annotations.  It's great that we can refer to a particular release (e.g. 20201010) and point our users to particular archived releases (data.wikipathways.org for WikiPathways) for transparency. It's definitely useful that the files are officially part of a release even if they haven't changed.

Uku

Kristina Hanspers

Dec 18, 2020, 4:35:51 PM12/18/20
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Uku,

The missing gmt files are now back online, for November and December.

Regards,

Kristina