Invitation to discuss thermodynamics & metabolic pathways

Robert Giessmann

Feb 26, 2021, 3:58:20 AM2/26/21
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
Dear Wikipathways aficionados,

This email is to invite you to an online talk & discussion about metabolic pathways and thermodynamics. I hope it will interest most of you, and apologize to the others in advance...

--

On Thursday, 04.03.2021, at 14:00 UTC I will give a 20min online talk about thermodynamics and metabolism. The most interesting part will be the discussion afterwards, though, I hope! And I think it would be great if you contribute your perspective about what format to store pathway information in, too!

The quite describing, but terribly boring, title of the talk is "Integration of thermodynamic data into the metabolic pathways represented by the Boehringer wall chart".

It's about the Goldberg reviews, the one and (unfortunately) only resource about thermodynamics of enzyme-catalyzed reactions, and the Biochemical Pathways wall chart (you might now the big printed poster hanging in some labs), and how to integrate both of them without creating yet-another-resource.

If you are interested, I would be happy to see and speak to you there! You can register for free at https://www.beilstein-institut.de/en/talks/

All the best,
   Robert