Installing Pathvisio APPs

jamesvow...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2020, 9:34:19 AM2/17/20
to wikipathways-discuss
Hi there,

I am using Wikipathways - Pathvisio quite heavily as a part of my PhD. I am trying to create a document/ tutorial on how I have used Pathvisio and to do this I need to show how to use the MAPP and Wikipathways Apps. I cannot access the Apps from the new Pathvisio website atm. Is there a method of accessing the Apps without the website.

Best
Krutik

Martina Summer-Kutmon

Feb 17, 2020, 9:42:08 AM2/17/20
to wikipathways-discuss
Dear Krutik,

At this moment, it is not possible to install the plugins from the repository. We are moving the repository to a new location so it will hopefully online again soon. For now, you can provide the needed jar files and install them locally (Plugins -> Install local plugins).
For MAPPBuilder you need to download the latest jar from here: https://github.com/PathVisio/mappbuilder/releases.
For the WikiPathways app, you need to download the main jar file (org.pathvisio.wpclient.jar) and the dependencies.zip file from here: https://github.com/PathVisio/WP-plugin/releases. Make sure all jars are in the same directory, then install them locally.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues.

Best regards,
Tina

Martina Summer-Kutmon, PhD
email: mku...@gmail.com

aisy...@gmail.com

Alex Pico

Feb 24, 2020, 2:01:02 PM2/24/20
to wikipathways-discuss
https://pathvisio.github.io/pages/download

  • Current version: PathVisio 3.3.0
  • Download the file and unzip it.
  • On Windows: start PathVisio by double-clicking the pathvisio.bat file
  • On MacOSX / Linux: start PathVisio by running pathvisio.sh or double-click the pathvisio.jar file

 - Alex

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wikipathways-discuss/c381b856-6f78-4acb-9407-1be493f9b003%40googlegroups.com.

Aisya Gany

Feb 25, 2020, 3:54:30 AM2/25/20
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
My bat. file doesnt want to open. what do i do?

Thanks

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wikipathways-discuss/2b5688e4-2284-4fd8-9e5a-98cb9b59ead8%40googlegroups.com.

Best wishes,
Aisya

Martina Summer-Kutmon

Feb 27, 2020, 6:24:10 AM2/27/20
to wikipathways-discuss
Can you provide more information about the error you get? Which operating system / Java version do you use?

Best regards,
Tina

jamesvow...@gmail.com

Meghan Griffin

Jul 8, 2020, 2:56:23 PM7/8/20
to wikipathways-discuss
Hi Krutik,

I am just starting to become familiar with PathVisio. I am wondering if you know how to use MAPP once the plugin is installed? I know this is a very basic question but I would really appreciate the help! what do I enter into MAPP ?

best,
Meghan

Martina Summer-Kutmon

Jul 8, 2020, 3:02:57 PM7/8/20
to wikipathways-discuss
Dear Meghan,

I am still working on moving some of the plugin documentation over. Sorry about that.
The MAPPBuilder plugin can be used to create annotated data nodes from a list of genes.
So if you have a table with gene names and identifiers, you only need to add the system code column indicating what identifier it is (https://bridgedb.github.io/pages/system-codes.html).
If you put the following line (tab separated) in the MAPPBuilder plugin, you will create a gene product with the label TP53 and it will be annotated with its Ensembl identifier so data can be visualized on it.

TP53       ENSG00000141510      En

The aim is to speed up pathway creation by creating annotated data nodes from a list.

Hope this helps and clarifies your questions?

Best, Tina