Not geting data using bioservices WikiPathways API

boris...@sbgenomics.com

Nov 24, 2017, 5:43:28 AM11/24/17
to wikipathways-discuss
Hi,

I was successfully using bioservices API to pull data from WikiPathways until yesterday. Since yesterday none of my requests return any data, without throwing errors. Does anyone have similar problems? Is it possible I got blacklisted since I did send a lot of requests on Wednesday, or does it have something to do with server?

This is what data I can get:

Thanks in advance,

Boris

Egon Willighagen

Nov 24, 2017, 5:59:41 AM11/24/17
to wikipathways-discuss

Dear Boris,

a quick note, using the online webservice documentation I am getting results: https://webservice.wikipathways.org/ui/#!/Organism_list/get_listOrganisms

That seems to suggest that the problem is not with the data, but either the client or the transmission...

I think someone familiar with the client you're using (Python?) will comment further... (wondering if that client has been updated to use https:// ??)

Egon

E.L. Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT
Maastricht University (http://www.bigcat.unimaas.nl/)
Homepage: http://egonw.github.com/
Blog: http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/
ORCID: 0000-0001-7542-0286
ImpactStory: https://impactstory.org/u/egonwillighagen

Martina Summer-Kutmon

Nov 24, 2017, 6:02:01 AM11/24/17
to wikipathways-discuss
Dear Boris,

I just checked the webservice API here and the findInteraction with your example (CDH13) works fine for me.

Can you check again?

Best regards,
Tina

Virusvrij. www.avast.com

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 11:43 AM, <boris...@sbgenomics.com> wrote:

Martina Summer-Kutmon, PhD
email: mku...@gmail.com
skype: mkutmon

boris...@sbgenomics.com

Nov 24, 2017, 6:50:07 AM11/24/17
to wikipathways-discuss
Thank you everyone for quick replies, it helped a lot.

I used requests url from webservice API to get .xml and it worked fine, but still I couldn't seem to get any data using bioservices. Anyway, this made me think. I got two virtual environments with clean installments of python2 and python3, respectively. Bioservices WikiPatways API seems to work in python2, but not in python3. This is weird since it worked fine for me in python3 until yesterday. I'm leaving this reply here for anyone having similar problems.

Best regards,
Boris