Page not found when downloading pathways

David Hein

Jun 11, 2021, 10:59:20 AM6/11/21
to wikipathways-discuss
Hello,

Whenever I try and download a pathway I get the error: ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED.

I tried downloading through R but I got the error: failed to receive handshake, SSL/TLS connection failed

Is this error happening on my side or are parts of the website down?

Thanks!

Kristina Hanspers

Jun 11, 2021, 12:15:13 PM6/11/21
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

I just tried downloading an individual gpml from the website, and running getPathway and downloadPathwayArchive in R, all three work. Can you give us more details on exactly what you tried downloading and also which methods in R failed?

Regards,

Kristina

David Hein

Jun 11, 2021, 12:20:30 PM6/11/21
to wikipathways-discuss
Hi Kristina,

I think my institutional internet is actually blocking the download. I am able to download the files just fine on my phone using data.

So must be an issue with the UTSW internet firewall.

Thanks for looking in to this!
David

Egon Willighagen

Jun 11, 2021, 12:38:50 PM6/11/21
to wikipathways-discuss
On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 6:20 PM David Hein <david...@utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:
I think my institutional internet is actually blocking the download. I am able to download the files just fine on my phone using data.

So must be an issue with the UTSW internet firewall.

Martina reported similar problems during a course at our (Maastricht) University... not necessarily related, but the impression we got was the same. With the note, we have suspecting the blocking to happen on the server side...

Egon

--
Have you heard about Wikidata already? "Use Scholia and Wikidata to find scientific literature" is a new tutorial from my colleague Lauren Dupuis. https://laurendupuis.github.io/Scholia_tutorial/

-----