Problem in installing pathvisio on Windows

Saadyeh Rashidi

Nov 9, 2019, 1:44:20 PM11/9/19
to wikipathways-discuss
I use windows 10. I downloaded "pathvisio.jnlp" and "pathvisio-3.3.0". When I right-click to open jnlp file there is only "open with" option which I have no idea open it with what software. When I double click on "pathvisio.bat" nothing happens. It seems like a folder wants to open but disappear so fast that I can't see what it is. I installed Cytoscape version 3.7.2 which installed java 8 by default , therefore, it shouldn't be the problem.
Any help would be appreciated

Martina Summer-Kutmon

Nov 11, 2019, 2:27:19 AM11/11/19
to wikipathways-discuss
Dear Saadyeh,

Just to make sure, could you check if Java 8 is installed?
If I remember correctly, Cytoscape wraps Java for its application, so I am not sure if it is automatically available for other applications (might be wrong about that but it's worth checking).

Windows 10
  1. Click the Start button
  2. Scroll through the applications and programs listed until you see the Java folder
  3. Click on the Java folder, then About Java to see the Java version
Best, Tina

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 7:44 PM Saadyeh Rashidi <nva...@gmail.com> wrote:
I use windows 10. I downloaded "pathvisio.jnlp" and "pathvisio-3.3.0". When I right-click to open jnlp file there is only "open with" option which I have no idea open it with what software. When I double click on "pathvisio.bat" nothing happens. It seems like a folder wants to open but disappear so fast that I can't see what it is. I installed Cytoscape version 3.7.2 which installed java 8 by default , therefore, it shouldn't be the problem.
Any help would be appreciated

Martina Summer-Kutmon, PhD
email: mku...@gmail.com

Saadyeh Rashidi

Nov 13, 2019, 5:03:14 AM11/13/19
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tina,
Thanks a million. You were right and java wasn't installed on my laptop. I thought Cytoscape has done it. I really appreciate your help.

Best,
Saadyeh

Martina Summer-Kutmon

Nov 13, 2019, 5:05:44 AM11/13/19