question about PathVisio data import

Colleen Mangold

Mar 24, 2017, 5:05:33 PM3/24/17
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
I’m new to PathVisio and can’t figure out how to import my data (or even the tutorial dataset). I keep getting an error saying “specified file to import does not exist”. I have tried saving an Excel file as a .txt and a .csv file but it still doesn’t work. Am I missing something simple? I have all plug-ins, pathways etc downloaded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kristina Hanspers

Mar 25, 2017, 1:14:45 AM3/25/17
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Colleen,

I don’t think I’ve encountered this issue before. At which step in the import process do you get the error message? The import wizard should give you a preview of the data in your file in both the second and third steps, so if the file is not found it should be obvious right away.

Regards,

Kristina
> On Mar 24, 2017, at 1:47 PM, Colleen Mangold <cav...@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> I’m new to PathVisio and can’t figure out how to import my data (or even the tutorial dataset). I keep getting an error saying “specified file to import does not exist”. I have tried saving an Excel file as a .txt and a .csv file but it still doesn’t work. Am I missing something simple? I have all plug-ins, pathways etc downloaded.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sms...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2017, 12:53:52 PM8/13/17
to wikipathways-discuss, cav...@psu.edu
I have also attached a screen shot
Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 6.31.04 PM.png

sms...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2017, 12:53:52 PM8/13/17
to wikipathways-discuss, cav...@psu.edu
I am also getting the same error "specified file to import does not exist" on MAC OS X 10.6.12; The file exists as a .txt and a .csv. Have you managed to find a solution for this?

Martina Summer-Kutmon

Aug 13, 2017, 12:58:05 PM8/13/17
to wikipathways-discuss, sms...@gmail.com, cav...@psu.edu
Hi,

I had a look at your screenshot and it seems that the file ending of the input file is lost. Could you try add ".txt" in the first text field?
So it says "gcrma_ES_EB-expression.txt"

I need to check but that may be a MacOS specific problem.

Best, Tina

Martina Summer-Kutmon, PhD
email: mku...@gmail.com
skype: mkutmon

sms...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2017, 2:23:14 PM8/13/17
to wikipathways-discuss, cav...@psu.edu
Hi Tina,

You are right. I added .txt and all is fine now. Thanks.

Regards,