WordPress and the OERu

Pat Lockley (@pgogy)

Mar 4, 2019, 9:47:36 AM3/4/19
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

A few year's back I helped develop some WordPress code for the OERu. This code lives on to this day as part of the courses that OERu runs, such as https://course.oeru.org/lida102/

Over the years it has become apparent that WordPress is being used more and more in education. However, there's never really been a WordPress in Education community or conference, and so last year we organised PressEdConf (pressedconf.org).

PressEd is a conference which happens only on twitter - so no need to fly or get a hotel. We run from 10am to 10pm so we hope any one in any time zone can submit. We're happy for people presenting to partake in any language they wish to. Our call for papers is available in 10 languages (https://2019.pressedconf.org/call-for-papers/) and we'd love anyone using WordPress for education or research anywhere in the world to consider submitting or taking part on the day.

Check out the website for more info - https://2019.pressedconf.org/

Thanks for reading and for your time

Pat
PressEd co-organiser