Smoothing the transition to online learning during COVID19

Wayne Mackintosh

Apr 23, 2020, 8:38:49 PM4/23/20
to WikiEducator
Hi everyone,

Just a brief note to share information about the OER4COVID support group and a free online course starting on 6 May 2020.

To minimise the impact of COVID-19, the Commonwealth of Learning and the OERu have joined forces with the UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (IITE), the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE) and Open Education Global to support education institutions around the world to smooth the transitioning to online learning using open educational resources (OER).

We extend an open invitation to all educators who want to join the support group.

Free course to master the basics of OER and Creative Commons

Commencing on 6 May 2020, we are offering a cohort instance of the online course: Open Education, Copyright and Open Licensing in a Digital World

This free course is offered in partnership with OERu, Commonwealth of Learning and ICDE and is open for all educators. Learners will gain free access to the competency test to earn the Certificate of Competency in Copyright and Creative Commons Licensing.

Please share the gift of knowledge by circulating these links with your contacts.

Working together, we can respond to this crisis more effectively than if we each work alone.

Best wishes
Wayne

Wayne Mackintosh (PhD)
UNESCO / ICDE Chair in Open Educational Resources
Managing Director,  OER Foundation and OERu facilitator