#DS4OER Introducing myself

Gary Asselbergs

Apr 13, 2015, 8:59:18 AM4/13/15
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Greetings
I am Gary Asselbergs, Assoc. Professor at University of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
I have 30 year experience teaching International Economics. I have been using OERs extensively for about 10 years, to develop blended learning courses in diverse LMS.
I am also active with the University of the West Indies, Open Campus department to develop and facilitate distance learning courses.

During this course #DS4OER I hope to develop a new course Digital Literacy and Technology for Bachelor and Master Students. I will using Moodle, and intend to use a wide array of collaboration tools for students to complete team assignments.

Thank you

Gary Asselbergs

Joyce.M...@esc.edu

Apr 15, 2015, 5:11:46 PM4/15/15
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Gary and everyone.  It is good to know you.   I am Joyce McKnight, Associate Professor at Empire State College of the State University of New York in the US.  My special interests are adult education (as a field of social practice--literacy, participatory development etc.), on-line learning, and OER.   I have been a strong advocate of the OERu since its birth a few years back, but find that I can't spend as much time on it as I would like.  I am hoping to master some new course development skills during this seminar that I can share with our course development folks here...plus I am just looking forward to "hanging out" online with people who share my interests.

Apr 16, 2015, 8:30:10 AM4/16/15
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Greetings to all from Brazil!

I am a Distance Education Consultant and Instructional Designer. Since 2002, I am Director of a small company in Brazil that renders DE consulting and instructional design services to academic and corporate institutions.
Currently, I am a Doctoral candidate at Athabasca University, Alberta, Canada. For my dissertation, I plan to undertake design-based reach to train  K-12 public school teachers to use and create OER.
I have had some experience creating supplementary OER material for an OER booklet developed by REA (OER) Brazil.

In this #DS4OER course, I would like to gain more knowledge and improve my digital skills in order to better train teachers.

I look forward to collaborating and working with you all.

Viviane

Lorne Upton

Apr 16, 2015, 7:00:59 PM4/16/15
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vivane,

Great to see you here!  I think we may have met.

best,
Lorne

Viviane Vladimirschi

Apr 17, 2015, 8:57:12 AM4/17/15
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorne,

Wow! What a coincidence no?! Great to see you here as well. :) How are things going? I am super behind on my assignments.

Cheers,
Viviane

Lorne Upton

Apr 17, 2015, 7:45:07 PM4/17/15
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hello Viviane,

I am really just snooping around here, but I wish I had more time to dig into this course.  From what I have found so far, there is a lot of good information here.  Good luck with the course!

best,
Lorne