OERu launches 1st year of study with Learning in a Digital Age

Wayne Mackintosh

Jan 15, 2018, 8:32:33 PM1/15/18
to WikiEducator
Hi everyone,

The OERu is excited to announce the launch of our 1st year of study.

The inaugural offering of the OERu’s Learning in a Digital Age course starts on 14 March 2018.

This is a no-cost course for self-motivated learners with an internet connection to build core skills and gain valid qualifications. This open online course is recommended for all learners thinking about tertiary study or currently engaged in higher education.

The course is based entirely on OER and you are free to reuse, adapt or modify these resources for your own purposes or you can direct your own learners to these free resources.

Share the gift of knowledge

If you know of learners or communities who may be interested in developing the skills and confidence to become competent and autonomous learners in the digital age, please circulate this information.

Here is a poster you can download and share with your communities and networks.

Qualification options

Successful completion of the Learning in a Digital Age course offers a number of qualification options for learners interested in formal academic credit. If and when they are ready for assessment, they can earn:

This is a significant milestone for our charitable collaboration. International credit transfer is complex and were are pleased to have achieved two university level qualifications from our OERu open online courses assembled by our international partners.

Best wishes

Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh
Director OER Foundation and OERu facilitator