how to use new interface of wikieducator

deepty gupta

Apr 27, 2015, 7:54:21 PM4/27/15
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hello

i have opened my wikieducator page after sometime and found a new interface to edit my page. will somebody help me to get its tutorial (video or text) so that i can edit my page

Savithri Singh

Apr 27, 2015, 8:22:59 PM4/27/15
to WikiEducator
Its a rich text editor - if you want to do it like before - use 'Edit Source'.  It will be nice if you directly type.

You may find what you want here : http://wikieducator.org/Help:Contents

Savithri

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 8:40 PM, deepty gupta <deepat...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello

i have opened my wikieducator page after sometime and found a new interface to edit my page. will somebody help me to get its tutorial (video or text) so that i can edit my page

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.

Savithri Singh

Principal
Acharya Narendra Dev College
(University of Delhi)
Govindpuri, Kalkaji
New Delhi 110019

Ph: 011 26294542, 011 26293224  Res: 26270120
Fax: 011 26294540

PS: Replying using bottom post/in-line post makes email conversations a whole lot easier for meaningful dialogue.    Snip out what is not relevant. Adopt this and spread the message.

Deepty gupta

Apr 27, 2015, 10:18:30 PM4/27/15
to wikied...@googlegroups.com

Thanks a lot mam.

I will try to do the same today. Mam actually i am conducting a workshop on e learning tools and one session is of wikieducator. And for that i have downloaded the module developed by CEMCA for my participants. But its format is of rich text editor.

Is there any new module developed somewhere so that we can provide to our participants.

Regards
Deepty Gupta

Jim Tittsler

Apr 27, 2015, 10:21:51 PM4/27/15
to WikiEducator
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Deepty gupta <deepat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any new module developed somewhere so that we can provide to our
> participants.

The VisualEditor is still experimental, but is being actively
developed by the Wikimedia Foundation. You can find out more here:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor

A good place for students to start would be the User Guide:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:VisualEditor/User_guide

--
Jim Tittsler Tokyo
http://OERfoundation.org/

Savithri Singh

Apr 27, 2015, 10:25:18 PM4/27/15
to WikiEducator
This format is just like any word processor...... should be easy.  And Jim has given the links. :)

SS

Deepty gupta

Apr 27, 2015, 11:25:30 PM4/27/15
to wikied...@googlegroups.com

Thanks a lot Jim and Savitiri mam

Savithri Singh

Apr 27, 2015, 11:51:22 PM4/27/15
to WikiEducator

There is nothing like Cemca wiki module. We had just downloaded some help modules and packaged them some years back. In this field things change often and updating us always necessary.

All the best for the workshop.

SS