Invitation to join the OERu strategic planning sprint

Wayne Mackintosh

Oct 30, 2014, 3:15:00 AM10/30/14
to WikiEducator
Hi Everyone,

The OERu is a flagship initiative of the OER Foundation and we are proud to host our planning and course development on WikiEducator as our preferred platform.

We have posted the agenda for the OERu meeting in the wiki:

and you can register as a remote participant here:

Help shape OER futures

If you are interested in progressing free learning opportunities, especially for learners who will be excluded from the privilege of a higher education, you can help us shape open education futures.

The 3rd meeting of OERu partners is a significant milestone because we will be discussing and finalising our 3-year strategic plan. We need your help!

Distinctively open

The OERu is distinctively open and we broadcast our international meetings live on the internet with ample opportunities for remote participants to engage and contribute to the breakout sessions.  Notes and proposals for action are documented live in the wiki during the meeting. The outputs of our deliberations will feed into the meeting of the OERu Council of Chief Executive Officers

Engaging remote participants in the meeting

We take community engagement seriously:
  1. We project a live feed of all contributions via the aggregated feed for the face-to-face participants (via Twitter or WENotes posts using your WikiEducator account)
  2. We have Etherpad documents for the breakout sessions which are included in the plenary report-back sessions.
  3. Contributions from the remote participants are included in the meeting report which is published transparently in WikiEducator.
How to participate
  1. Register as a remote participant and we will send you email instructions and reminders for the start of key sessions.  (We will discontinue the email list after the meeting)
  2. Visit the agenda and click on the time link for your local time zone.
  3. Use the links provided in the remote participant column of the agenda to engage (we will be posting the webcast and collaborative Etherpad document links before the start of the meeting.)
I look forward to seeing you online during the meeting. Don't be missed by your absence ;-)

Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation