Version 3.2.0 ready

Thomas Keffer

Jul 15, 2015, 6:04:08 PM7/15/15
to weewx-user
Lots of little nips and tucks and a few fixes.

Find it in the usual spot.

Change log:

3.2.0 07/15/15

There are now five command-line utilities, some new, some old
 - wee_config:    (New) For configuring weewx.conf, in particular,
                  selecting a new device driver.
 - wee_extension: (New) For adding and removing extensions.
 - wee_database:  (Formerly called wee_config_database)
 - wee_device:    (Formerly called wee_config_device)
 - wee_reports:   No changes.

The script setup.py is no longer used to install or uninstall extensions.
Instead, use the new utility wee_extension.

Wunderfixer is now included with weewx --- no need to download it separately.
It now works with MySQL, as well as sqlite, databases. It also supports
metric databases. Thanks to user Gary Roderick!

Fixed bug in 12-hour temperature lookup for calculating station pressure from
sea level pressure when database units are other than US unit system.

Added guards for bogus values in various wxformula functions.

Added windrun, evapotranspiration, humidex, apparent temperature, maximum
theoretical solar radiation, beaufort, and cloudbase to StdWXCalculate.

If StdWXCalculate cannot calculate a derived variable when asked to, it now
sets the value to null. Fixes issue #10.

Added option to specify algorithm in StdWXCalculate.  So far this applies
only to the altimeter calculation.

Added option max_delta_12h in StdWXCalculate, a window in which a record will
be accepted as being "12 hours ago." Default is 1800 seconds.

Fixed bug in debian install script - 'Acurite' was not in the list of stations.

$almanac.sunrise and $almanac.sunset now return ValueHelpers. Fixes issue #26.

Added group_distance with units mile and km.

Added group_length with units inch and cm.

Failure to launch a report thread no longer crashes program.

The WU uploader now publishes soil temperature and moisture, as well as
leaf wetness.

Increased precision of wind and wind gust posts to WU from 0 to 1
decimal point.

Increased precision of barometer posts to WOW from 1 to 3 decimal points.

A bad CWOP server address no longer crashes the CWOP thread.

The "alarm" example now includes a try block to catch a NameError exception
should the alarm expression include a variable not in the archive record.

Fixed bug that shows itself if marker_size is not specified in skin.conf

Show URLs in the log for restful uploaders when debug=2 or greater.

Fixed problem that could cause an exception in the WMR200 driver when
formatting an error string.

Added better recovery from USB failures in the ws28xx driver.

Added data_format option to FineOffset driver.  Thanks to Darryl Dixon.

Decoding of data is now more robust in the WS1 driver.  Get data from the
station as fast as the station can spit it out.  Thanks to Michael Walker.

Changes to the WS23xx driver include:
  - Fixed wind speed values when reading from logger.  Values were too high by
    a factor of 10.
  - wrapped non-fatal errors in WeeWXIO exceptions to improve error handling
    and failure recovery

Changes to the AcuRite driver include:
 - The AcuRite driver now reports partial packets as soon as it gets them
     instead of retaining data until it can report a complete packet
 - Improved timing algorithm for AcuRite data.  Thanks to Brett Warden.
 - Added acurite log entries to logwatch script.  Thanks to Andy.
 - Prevent negative rainfall amounts in acurite driver by detecting
     counter wraparound
 - Use 13 bits for rain counter instead of 12 bits
 - Use only 12 bits for inside temperature in acurite driver when decoding
     for 02032 stations

Changes to the TE923 driver include:
 - consolidated retries
 - improved error handling and reporting

Changes to the WMR9x8 driver include:
 - Correct bug that caused yesterday's rain to be decoded as dayRain
 - LOOP packet type 'battery' is now an int, instead of a bool
 - The driver can now be run standalone for debugging purposes.

The Vantage driver now catches undocumented termios exceptions and converts
them to weewx exceptions. This allows retries if flushing input or output
buffers fail. Fixes issue #34.

Default values for databases are now defined in a new section [DatabaseTypes].
New option "database_type" links databases to database type. Installer will
automatically update old weewx.conf files.

The RESTful services that come with weewx are now turned on and off by
option "enable". Installer will automatically update old weewx.conf files.
Other RESTful services that don't use this method will continue to work.

Option bar_gap_fraction is now ignored. Bar plot widths are rendered explicitly
since V3.0, making the option unnecessary. Fixes issue #25.

Added additional debug logging to main engine loop.

FTP uploader now retries several times to connect to a server, instead of
giving up after one try. Thanks to user Craig Hunter!

Message has been deleted

Johan Corstjens

Jul 16, 2015, 4:01:40 PM7/16/15
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

THANKS!

Did an upgrade today which was working fine!

Just detected some strange behaviour when running wee_report:

Think adding a check on empty array would do the trick... Something small...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/
reportengine.py", line 137, in run
    obj.start()
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/reportengine.py", line 167, in start
    self.run()
  File "/home/weewx/bin/user/gaugeengine.py", line 121, in run
    self.gen_gauges()
  File "/home/weewx/bin/user/gaugeengine.py", line 171, in gen_gauges
    ret = self.gen_gauge(gauge, plot_options, img_file)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/user/gaugeengine.py", line 357, in gen_gauge
    gauge.add_history(history_list, num_buckets, windspeed_history_list, rings, ring_colors)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/user/gauges.py", line 553, in add_history
    bucket[0] /= bucket_max
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

Thomas Keffer

Jul 16, 2015, 4:05:30 PM7/16/15
to weewx-user
Thanks, Jonah

Your bug is a known problem Nick Dajda's skin. Nick frequents this group, but you can reach him directly from his website http://www.dajda.net.

-tk

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Johan Corstjens <johan.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
THANKS!

Dit an upgrade today which was working fine!

[...]

Yves Martin

Jul 17, 2015, 1:13:05 PM7/17/15
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
The link on sourceforge.net seems incorrect

YM

Thomas Keffer

Jul 17, 2015, 1:55:39 PM7/17/15
to weewx-user
Which link would that be?

-tk

vince

Jul 17, 2015, 2:23:58 PM7/17/15
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Debian setup.py style upgrade from 3.1.0 with a bunch of extensions and skins worked fine.

Only thing I noticed was that your Corrections example is uncommented, which I guess is benign.  That and some stuff got moved around in the weewx.conf order, but it's all there and tests out fine.  Cool !

Yves Martin

Jul 17, 2015, 2:40:41 PM7/17/15
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Sorry it works. But I could not use Chrome navigator or the command "wget" to download the debian file! ... I Use Internet Explorer and it worked ;)

YM

Thomas Keffer

Jul 17, 2015, 2:57:21 PM7/17/15
to weewx-user
The uncommented Corrections options is by design.

A quirk of the configuration module we use (ConfigObj) is that comments are linked to the option immediately afterwards. If you don't have an option, then you can't have a comment! Or, if you do, it will get linked to the next option, which may or may not be in the same stanza.

So, we put in a dummy option.

-tk

Luc Heijst

Jul 18, 2015, 7:47:13 AM7/18/15
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Tom,
The link to the latest version still points to v3.1.0
Cheers, Luc

mwall

Jul 18, 2015, 8:08:04 AM7/18/15
to weewx...@googlegroups.com, ljm.h...@gmail.com
sourceforge has been misbehaving again.

the README.txt file is missing from the sourceforge 'Files' page, the 3.1.0 releases disappeared from the 'older_versions' folder for awhile, the download counts have been screwed up for two days, and the developer/admin interface is not working.

when sourceforge is having problems, they refer you to their twitter feed.  that alone is a pretty good indicator of incompetence - minimal feedback, no history, and they have to use someone else's system to notify people about their problems.  their last self-hosted announcement about system status is from 16 dec 2014.

sigh.

Nate Bargmann

Jul 18, 2015, 9:12:44 AM7/18/15
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
* On 2015 18 Jul 07:08 -0500, mwall wrote:
> On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 7:47:13 AM UTC-4, Luc Heijst wrote:
> >
> > Tom,
> > The link to the latest version still points to v3.1.0
> > Cheers, Luc
>

> sourceforge has been misbehaving again.

That is an understatement! As of 10 hours ago that say, "#SourceForge
directory, download and project summary pages are back online; dev
services (SCM, uploads, ML's, project web) pending restoral" which is
putting a crimp in my ability to do some work on Hamlib. Double sigh.

I guess they had some sort of storage issue per the tweets so once they
get things sorted everything should be back in place. I'm noting this
as it has affected far more than WeeWX.

- Nate

Nick Dajda

Jul 19, 2015, 3:55:21 AM7/19/15