Bloomsky weatherstation support??

John Scherer

Jun 2, 2016, 2:42:00 AM6/2/16
to weewx-user
Any chance someone could add support for the Bloomsky weatherstation to WeeWX?  I'm mostly a Linux user and it would be great to be able to use this app.  I would try but software development is really not something I do well, or rather, at all... I've tried.  They published there API, and its available here: http://weatherlution.com/bloomsky-api/ .  Looks like its using JSON.

Thanks

mwall

Jun 2, 2016, 10:42:09 AM6/2/16
to weewx-user
On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 2:42:00 AM UTC-4, John Scherer wrote:
Any chance someone could add support for the Bloomsky weatherstation to WeeWX?  I'm mostly a Linux user and it would be great to be able to use this app.  I would try but software development is really not something I do well, or rather, at all... I've tried.  They published there API, and its available here: http://weatherlution.com/bloomsky-api/ .  Looks like its using JSON.

that api is trivial - are you sure you don't want to have a go at writing a bloomsky driver?  this might be the project that changes your mind about your ability to do software development :)

consider using the netatmo driver as a pattern:

https://github.com/matthewwall/weewx-netatmo

the bloomsky driver would be much simpler, and does not need any of the PacketSniffer stuff.

Chris Short

Aug 7, 2016, 11:46:31 PM8/7/16
to weewx-user
If no one takes a stab at it, I'll take a look once I get my SKY2 after the current campaign closes.  Maybe before then if I find the time...

gjr80

Oct 4, 2016, 10:27:23 PM10/4/16
to weewx-user
Chris,

My SKY2 turned up today. Wondering if you got around to doing anything?

Gary

Erwin Heger

Oct 5, 2016, 1:39:25 AM10/5/16
to weewx-user
Looks interesting, maybe i go for the holiday pack. What about the quality of the sensors?

Peter Coe

Feb 3, 2017, 6:27:23 PM2/3/17
to weewx-user
I've made a start on Bloomsky support.  Basically got it up and running and I can definitely share it if anyone is interested, but it's probably a little early given the immaturity of the Bloomsky API.

The API hasn't been fully updated for the Storm yet, e.g. setting units to intl doesn't change the units for any of the storm data, and the rain gauge information really isn't that useful as the rain total is for the last 24 hours, so kind of tricky to figure out how much you've had in a given period of time.

Thx