DEBUG setting has no effect

Ken C

Apr 7, 2012, 11:20:32 AM4/7/12
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I did a clean install of 1.13.1 yesterday (previously running 1.13.1b1), and now I don't see any debug logging info in /var/log/message  when DEBUG = 1 in weewx.conf. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Cheers,
Ken

Thomas Keffer

Apr 7, 2012, 11:33:44 AM4/7/12
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Can't think of any reason why this would be so. Nothing has changed in this area.

Try /var/log/syslog.

If that doesn't work, make sure you're using the right weewx.conf and that the debug flag is truly set in that file.

If that doesn't work, that your /etc/rsyslog.d settings are not filtering out debug messages.

-tk

Thomas Keffer

kef...@threefools.org
+1 541-386-8891 (h)
+1 541-490-9507 (c)
Skype: tkeffer

Ken C

Apr 7, 2012, 12:02:19 PM4/7/12
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Tom,

My mistake, I was looking in the wrong place. Not sure why I thought debug messages were showing in /var/log/messages before...

Cheers,
Ken