Error:Unable to bind to locking port 7054 within 45000 ms

Chandra

Jun 6, 2012, 11:44:03 AM6/6/12
to webdriver
Hi All,

I am getting this error:I am using selenium jars of 2.22 and firefox
veersion 11.

I checked all PID and no app is runnign with pID 7054 , I also tried
restarting of m\c and of no use.

Can some one please help me on this.

Exception in thread "main" org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException:
Unable to bind to locking port 7054 within 45000 ms
Build info: version: '2.22.0', revision: '17049', time: '2012-05-29
13:32:46'
System info: os.name: 'Windows XP', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '5.1',
java.version: '1.6.0_29'
Driver info: driver.version: FirefoxDriver
at org.openqa.selenium.internal.SocketLock.lock(SocketLock.java:94)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:
68)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.startClient(FirefoxDriver.java:
207)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(RemoteWebDriver.java:
93)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:
147)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:
85)
at MyDataClass.main(MyDataClass.java:12)

Thanks

Soujanya R

Jun 6, 2012, 10:22:19 PM6/6/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Try Uninstalling FireFox completely and then again Install it.

Soujanya R

Jun 6, 2012, 10:26:34 PM6/6/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com

Try Uninstalling FireFox completely and then Install Firefox 12.0.

Chandra Mouli

Jun 6, 2012, 10:37:37 PM6/6/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Soujanya...

I tried uninstalling firefox and also deleting all firefox profiles in temp folder and reinstalling firefox is working.

darrell

Jun 8, 2012, 11:18:47 AM6/8/12
to webdriver
I don't believe you need to go to this extent. The error message from
Selenium was telling you that a process was using port 7054. This has
nothing to do with the process ID. If you go to a shell and enter
'netstat -n' you will see all network ports in use on your computer.
For example, I have a computer called sql2008r2 (ip address is
192.13.2.43) and on it I have running SQL Server 2008 R2. If I run
netstat I will see things like:

TCP 192.16.3.123:61220 192.13.2.43:1433 ESTABLISHED

My computer's ip address is 192.16.3.123. This line says that my
computer is sending data via port 61220 to sql2008r2 and sql2008r2 is
listening on port 1433. If you run netstat -n you should see
information about your ipaddress:7054 talking to something. Maybe
seeing who it is talking to will help you guess at what program on
your machine is using port 7054. Maybe your Selenium client has opened
this port to talk to the Selenium Server (Selenium Server will listen
on port 4444). So if I see:

TCP 192.16.3.123:7054 192.13.2.43:4444 ESTABLISHED

I might guess that I still have a test running or I failed to close
the connection (driver.quit()). Most often it is because of a loop
which never ends or I paused the test in the debugger and forgot to
stop it.

Re-installing the software usually causes the running process to stop
which releases the port. A better solution is figure out which process
is holding the port and just stop it. If you cannot stop it, kill it
from the Task Manager.

Darrell

On Jun 6, 10:37 pm, Chandra Mouli <mouliayy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Soujanya...
>
> I tried uninstalling firefox and also deleting all firefox profiles in temp
> folder and reinstalling firefox is working.
>

> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Soujanya R <rsouji...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Try Uninstalling FireFox completely and then Install Firefox 12.0.

Sasi kumar

Jul 2, 2012, 2:07:39 AM7/2/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
iam getting below error , but netstat doesnt show 7054  port

Exception in thread "main" org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Unable to bind to locking port 7054 within 45000 ms
Build info: version: '2.21.0', revision: '16552', time: '2012-04-11 19:08:38'
System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.6.0_24'
Driver info: driver.version: FirefoxDriver
    at org.openqa.selenium.internal.SocketLock.lock(SocketLock.java:95)
    at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:69)
    at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.startClient(FirefoxDriver.java:200)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(RemoteWebDriver.java:94)

    at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:147)
    at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:89)
    at load.LoadExample.main(LoadExample.java:43)

RAVI DESAI

Jul 2, 2012, 10:20:44 AM7/2/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
I had the similar problem.Replacing of 'Selenium 2.21.0' jars with 'Selenium 2.23.1' jars solved my problem.

PS: I couldn't find the root cause,but I assumes that the firefox update running behind at the time of running the testcase cause some glitch in my case.

ano0810

Jul 4, 2012, 4:48:20 PM7/4/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ravi,

My fluke answer above does not work for me anymore as I am not able to create a firefox session. The only session I can create is a Internet Explorer session.

So now going to your solution, I am using selenium-server-standalone-2.24.1.jar to start the server

Is that the right file to use?
Or should I find an older version of the same file?

Naresh

Jul 5, 2012, 3:39:23 AM7/5/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can you check which version of dll you are using. Are they 2.24 binaries or old version binaries.

I remember I got the same problem when there was a mismatch in version of selenium stand alone server and the binaries I was using.

Thanks,
Naresh

RAVI DESAI

Jul 5, 2012, 5:36:29 AM7/5/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I didn't try this on 2.24.1,but I suppose it would work.And yes I
agree with Naresh you have to change 'selenium standalone server' as
well as 'binaries' files too.

Bill Ross

Feb 27, 2013, 12:07:27 PM2/27/13
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Are you starting browsers in parallel on the same machine? If so,
starting one by one might do better.

Bill