Please help test the new hard drive installer

Kai Hendry

Apr 2, 2012, 11:39:22 PM4/2/12
to webc-users
Hi guys,

Phase I was to get everything in git - done
Phase II is to enable the installer
https://github.com/Webconverger/webc/blob/master/etc/webc/install-to-disk.sh
- this is where we are
Phase III get fuse/gitfs working so that our ISOs get *much* smaller
so we can serve customers who need extras like printing/java/CJK
support etc. - under development
Phase IV will be get the git repo to upgrade on the persistent (hard
drive) install - under development

http://build.webconverger.org/latest.iso should point to at least
d7e96cd, which has the installer enabled.

The hard drive install will REPLACE the contents of your hard drive.
So please test in Virtualbox/VMWARE and if you have a test PC with
data you are happy to lose, then do please try it out.

Webconverger is licensed under the MIT license, so its disclaimer applies.

Enjoy!

install-menu.png

Kai Hendry

Apr 5, 2012, 7:57:34 AM4/5/12
to webc-users
One reason the "installed version" should be attractive to folks is
that it allows for wireless setups.

We are still trying to make this a little smoother, though here is
something you can try now:
http://config.webconverger.com/faq/#how-do-i-configure-my-wireless-connection

More than happy to refund or discount helpful testers.

Many thanks,