How to make boot options permanent after hd install?

Ben

Apr 20, 2012, 11:05:26 AM4/20/12
to Webconverger Users
Hello,

First of all, I wanted to say that I think the changes in Webconverger
over the past few months have been really cool. I was working with the
new 12.3 version yesterday, and I was working on installing to the
hard drive so that we could "recycle" some old netbooks that aren't
good for much else. The install worked perfectly (took about 5-10
minutes to install and boot up). I got the wireless and homepage to
change by adding the commands to the "Boot:" line, but I couldn't get
the homepage changes to stick (and the wireless has been finicky as
well, but I think that is my wireless, not Webconverger). My
understanding was that these boot changes would be made persistent
once chosen. Is that not correct? Assuming that I'm wrong about them
being persistent, is there a way to make them persistent for a hard
drive install without paying for the service? Something equivalent to
editing the live.cfg for the live version? Thanks for your time. -Ben

Kai Hendry

Apr 20, 2012, 1:36:29 PM4/20/12
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

Glad you like our improvements of late. There is more to come.

The install version is only persistent if you purchase a subscription.
I hope you can support our efforts.

Many thanks,

Ben

Apr 20, 2012, 2:11:22 PM4/20/12
to Webconverger Users

On Apr 20, 12:36 pm, Kai Hendry <hen...@webconverger.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Glad you like our improvements of late. There is more to come.

I'll be watching the forums. :)

> The install version is only persistent if you purchase a subscription.

Alright, thanks for the information that is what I needed to know.