request_reset_password not returning a form

Ian W. Scott

Jan 26, 2015, 3:04:05 PM1/26/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
When I click on "Lost Password" in the user menu I just get a page with a blank body. The url to which I'm forwarded seems right (http://ianwscott.webfactional.com/paideia/default/user/request_reset_password?_next=/paideia/default/index) but there's no form on the page. It's as if the page controller is returning an empty dict. But I'm not getting any error message either.

I've looked through the page source and it's not that the form is hidden. It's just not being included in the page response. Other default/user forms are produced just fine: login, change_password, etc. So I can't figure out why request_reset_password returns nothing.

Since there's no error ticket it's very difficult for me to debug. Any suggestions?

Here is my setup for mail and the relevant auth settings (from controllers/db.py):

mail = Mail()
mail
.settings.server = keydata['email_sender']  # 'logging' # SMTP server
mail
.settings.sender = keydata['email_address']  # email
mail
.settings.login = keydata['email_pass']  # credentials or None
current
.mail = mail

auth
.settings.mailer = mail                    # for user email verification
auth
.settings.registration_requires_verification = False
auth
.settings.registration_requires_approval = False
auth
.messages.verify_email = 'Click on the link http://' \

+ request.env.http_host + URL('default', 'user', args=['verify_email']) \

+ '/%(key)s to verify your email'
auth
.settings.reset_password_requires_verification = True
auth
.messages.reset_password = 'Click on the link http://' \

+ request.env.http_host + URL('default', 'user', args=['reset_password'])\

+ '/%(key)s to reset your password'

Cynthia Butler

Jan 26, 2015, 6:04:28 PM1/26/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
It looks like your
mail.settings.login = keydata['email_pass']
may be just a password.
I'm guessing, it depends on what the value of 'email_pass' is.

It needs to be the full user@domain:password, like this:
name@maildomain:password

Ian W. Scott

Jan 27, 2015, 3:02:34 PM1/27/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Cynthia. But I do have the right format in the keydata file. I'm also not sure that a problem in my email verification would produce my issue. It doesn't get as far as trying to send an email in my case, since no form is created.

Cheers,

Ian

Ian W. Scott

Jan 28, 2015, 2:06:43 PM1/28/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Finally figured out the issue. I just didn't have a condition for "request_reset_password" in the view for default/user. Added that condition and it works like a charm.

Ian