Python 3 Migration

Hi-tech Robert

Apr 4, 2014, 3:46:18 AM4/4/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi, may I inquire about the status of python 3 migration?

Massimo Di Pierro

Apr 5, 2014, 6:20:26 PM4/5/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
There is no Python 3 migration. Mind it is not a technical issue. web2py promises backward compatibility and we cannot port it to python 3 without breaking that promise. Almost none of the users have expressed an interest in helping moving existing code to Python 3.

There will be some other framework based on web2py ideas, reusing some web2py code, hat may or may not look like web2py, that may or may not be called web3py, and it may or may not be similar to web2py. If you want to help you can help migrate dal.py and template.py (they should be made to work on both python2 and python 3).

Massimo