Welcome App not working on stable build. gluon.contrib (Module doesn't have attribute: contrib)

Rhys Tague

May 1, 2012, 6:57:52 AM5/1/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've just installed the latest stable build of the framework and the Welcome app is giving me an internal error. The examples app and admin app work fine, but the welcome app is dead. I've attached the error log spat out. At first I thought it was apache, as I'm doing a virtual host with it, so I used the web2py.py server and achieved the same. I've looked at the error file spat out and all it gives me is that the module doesn't have an attribute contrib. (gluon.contrib).

I'm running a virtualenv --no-site-packages and also I've installed the pysqlite package (this is the only package installed for the virtualenv). Sqlite is woking as I have a python neural network using it for experience data storage, and it working like a dream still.

I would love some insight into the problem. Is it a clean fix, am I missing something? I'm building a large project witih web2py for my PhD and don't really want little hicups like this to bite me latter down the track.

Cheers,

Rhys
127.0.0.1.2012-05-01.20-41-30.9371ad16-a350-4a0f-a559-75456fe6becb

Massimo Di Pierro

May 1, 2012, 9:34:43 AM5/1/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
How did you install web2py? Did you download and unzip the distribution or did you do something else?

Rhys

May 1, 2012, 5:56:34 PM5/1/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
All I did was download the distribution zip. Unzipped it and then ran it. Nothing else. That is why It's gotten me stumped.

Rhys

May 1, 2012, 6:16:31 PM5/1/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
I just made a clone of the trunk from git hub and it is giving me the same error. However, this time I can use the normal web2py.py server and everything is fine. Here is my setup for apache.

<ifModule wsgi_module>
#Use the virtual environment setup for python
WSGIPythonHome /Users/rhystague/repos/env
</ifModule>

<VirtualHost *:80>

     ServerName airconhive.local
     WSGIDaemonProcess web2py user=www

     WSGIProcessGroup web2py
     WSGIScriptAlias / /Users/rhystague/repos/airconhive/var/wsgihandler.py

    <Directory /Users/rhystague/repos/airconhive/var>
    AllowOverride None
      Order Allow,Deny
      Deny from all
      <Files wsgihandler.py>
        Allow from all
      </Files>
    </Directory>

    AliasMatch ^/([^/]+)/static/(.*) \
            /Users/rhystague//repos/airconhive//var/applications/$1/static/$2

    <Directory /Users/rhystague/repos/airconhive/var/applications/*/static/>
    Order Allow,Deny
      Allow from all
    </Directory>

    <Location /admin>
    Deny from all
    </Location>

    <LocationMatch ^/([^/]+)/appadmin>
    Deny from all
    </LocationMatch>

    CustomLog "/opt/local/apache2/logs/airconhive-error" common
    ErrorLog "/opt/local/apache2/logs/airconhive-log"
</VirtualHost>

Rhys

May 1, 2012, 7:56:26 PM5/1/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Solved it!

There was a problem in my config for apache. Arrgh!! When I copied and pasted it form a text editor it placed / to signify a new line in one of the paths. Alias path to be exact, and therefor not everything was being located.

Thanks Massimo for your comments.

Cheers,

Rhys

Massimo Di Pierro

May 1, 2012, 9:49:15 PM5/1/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
I cannot reproduce this.

Rhys Tague

May 1, 2012, 10:57:23 PM5/1/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
It was something in the apache config file. I've posted some replies to the thread to the end of this. It was a result from a copy and paste.

Cheers,
--

Rhys Tague
The Tall Guy