Default create_user_groups

Alexandre Andrade

Feb 10, 2010, 8:27:40 PM2/10/10
to web2py
Massimo,

I don't know why you put

auth.settings.create_user_groups = True

as default.

I think is not the most used way of Access Control, because creates so many groups and make it dificult to manage.

But if you think it cannot be changed, because backward compatibility (maybe few people really implemented it), at least put

#change to False if you don't want to create groups to each user.
# auth.settings.create_user_groups = True

Because at least for me, is a change in every new app.

--
Atenciosamente

--
=========================
Alexandre Andrade

mdipierro

Feb 10, 2010, 8:45:32 PM2/10/10
to web2py-users
Yes you have one group for every user but it make it easy to add more
access control structure later.
If you do not have those groups membership becauses a nightmare. Unix
does the same.

On Feb 10, 7:27 pm, Alexandre Andrade <alexandrema...@gmail.com>

Alexandre Andrade

Feb 10, 2010, 8:56:21 PM2/10/10
to web...@googlegroups.com
If is like unix, the name of user group could be more usefull.

Unix creates a group www-data to user www-data

web2py creates a group user_1, user_2, that makes dificulty to associate with the user, even in a GUI

maybe the default group name - role, could be a combination of first_name and last_name, lowercase and without spaces -  ' '