Send emails using my own domain

Hassan Alnatour

Oct 8, 2012, 7:40:19 AM10/8/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Dear ALL,

i want to add my email in the db.py to use it to send email from the site , how can i make it using my own domain not gmail ?

Best Regards,

LightDot

Oct 8, 2012, 12:22:25 PM10/8/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Well, if your domain is hosted somewhere, the provider usually gives you access to a mail server too. The access information needed is pretty obvious, username and password, same as you need for regular SMTP access.

Regards,
Ales

Massimo Di Pierro

Oct 8, 2012, 1:00:26 PM10/8/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
On Linux, if you have postfix, you can just spoof your domain:

mail.settings.sender = 'y...@anywhere.com
mail.settings.server = 'localhost'
mail.settings.login = None

lyn2py

Oct 9, 2012, 7:18:29 AM10/9/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
I have postfix installed and followed Massimo's instructions, which are:
mail.settings.sender = 'y...@anywhere.com'
mail.settings.server = 'localhost'
mail.settings.login = None

But the system doesn't send email? (I tested using Lost Password / Reset Password feature) It says "Email Sent." but I checked my mailbox, and nothing. ???Puzzled???

The Postfix setup seems simple enough:
Internet Site, and then, anywhere.com

If it helps, I'm on Ubuntu 12 + nginx + uwsgi.

Appreciate any assistance or pointers on how to make it work. Thanks!

David Marko

Oct 9, 2012, 8:07:57 AM10/9/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Do you see any error message in web2py or it seems like it has been sent out but you cant see message delivered? You should definitely look into postfix log ...

David

lyn2py

Oct 9, 2012, 8:58:49 AM10/9/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks David. I managed to fix it!

hasan alnator

Oct 9, 2012, 9:00:11 AM10/9/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Dear lyn2py,

Can you tell us how did you fix it ?

Regards,

lyn2py

Oct 9, 2012, 9:28:24 AM10/9/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
I was on a new install, and I did a lot of "testing" on it. I might have unknowingly changed some settings. I simply wiped it out with a new install and it worked!