featured web2py apps

Massimo Di Pierro

Sep 22, 2011, 2:52:05 PM9/22/11
to web2py-users
I think we should make a list of featured web2py apps. Please post
links below.

- it does matter if you wrote or just saw it, just post below
- the app must be open source
- the app must be under version control and available
- the app must use Auth
- avoid duplicates, but if you saw in a previous thread, please post
it here again

List:
- app name
- app author
- app description
- where to get it
- possibly a link to a screenshot
- whether you think it is stable or not (why not?)

Massimo

Anthony

Sep 22, 2011, 2:59:09 PM9/22/11
to web...@googlegroups.com
Why does it have to use Auth? What if access control isn't relevant for the particular app?

Anthony

Paul Gerrard

Sep 24, 2011, 1:34:46 AM9/24/11
to web2py-users
Hi Massimo,

Can we have a separate ist of commercial apps to? (Some of us have to
make a living :O))

Paul.
> > Massimo- Hide quoted text -

Bruce Lamb

Sep 24, 2011, 12:53:13 AM9/24/11
to web2py-users
I am just starting out with Web2py and am looking for an application/
appliance to start off..
The Appliances available often do not provide much information so it
appears that I can only download them..
I would be interested in getting more information about more
Appliances and Applications.
Or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Bruce

On Sep 23, 4:52 am, Massimo Di Pierro <massimo.dipie...@gmail.com>

Phyo Arkar

Sep 24, 2011, 2:23:04 PM9/24/11
to web...@googlegroups.com
I am writing a Web UI for Mercurial TODO Plugin and for that case I
am not going to need Auth. WHy it is a requirment ?

Massimo Di Pierro

Sep 24, 2011, 8:04:37 PM9/24/11
to web2py-users
This thread did not work as I expected. Let's try again. I am
interested in the set of apps meeting these specs:

- it does matter if you wrote or just saw it, just post below
- the app must be open source
- the app must be under version control and available
- the app must use Auth
- avoid duplicates, but if you saw in a previous thread, please post
it here again
List:
- app name
- app author
- app description
- where to get it
- possibly a link to a screenshot
- whether you think it is stable or not (why not?)

I agree that other types app would be interesting (commercial apps for
example) but please use another thread for that. Also This is not a
thread for discussion. I am hoping to get a useful list.

Massimo

pbreit

Sep 24, 2011, 11:48:08 PM9/24/11
to web...@googlegroups.com
I assume "it does *not* matter if you wrote or just saw it"?

Arturo Filastò

Oct 13, 2011, 9:26:31 AM10/13/11
to web2py-users
List:
- app name

GlobaLeaks

- app author

Random GlobaLeaks Developers

- app description

GlobaLeaks is an open source project aimed to create a worldwide,
anonymous, censorship-resistant, distributed whistleblowing platform.

- where to get it

https://github.com/globaleaks/globaleaks

- possibly a link to a screenshot

$ ./startglobaleaks

and see for yourself :)

- whether you think it is stable or not (why not?)

Work in progress. Stable release expect by the end of October.

Also we are always looking for new people that want to hack on it. If
you want to help us make the best WhistleBlowing platform in the world
join us on IRC irc.oftc.net #globaleaks.

Or send an email to te...@globaleaks.org

A Random GlobaLeaks Developer

selecta

Mar 22, 2012, 6:22:39 PM3/22/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
I know pyMantis would need some clean up but it has some really nice an unique features

Alan Etkin

Apr 22, 2012, 7:16:49 PM4/22/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
gpo2py

- name:  gpo2py
- author: Alan Etkin
- A mail client app that reads mails with the web2py IMAP adapter and a simple user interface (uses the welcome app). Sending email SMTP is not fully implemented yet but will use the builtin web2py capabilities. Released under the terms of the AGPLv3 license.
- where to get it: http://code.google.com/p/gpo2py/
- possibly a link to a screenshot: (not available)
- whether you think it is stable or not (why not?): stable with Gmail but has very small set of features so far (Note: web2py IMAPAdapter is still in experimental phase).

Configuring the client is very simple if you have a Gmail account. (use the configure link in the app's index page). Other IMAP services (i.e. Yahoo) were not tested. Please submit service incompatibility errors in the project's issues page if found.