Making application looks better.

akshay0...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2017, 6:38:52 AM4/13/17
to web2py-users
Hello web2py team,
      I just started using web2py for my application. When i am going deeper with my application, i am facing issues. The problem is that i have a basic idea about HTML tags only. I have never worked with CSS, Bootstrap, ajax, javascript etc. As of now i am able to add basic functionality to my application like creating forms which are dealing with database or printing things via creating simple views. Real problem is coming when i want to make my webpages look beautiful.
For instance suppose i want to show few things in left side of my webpage with different background color like a side menu, few things in center of the webpage with diff background color.(this example i am giving to show that i am at complete beginner in web development)
 I am not getting whether i have to create my own css files and use them or extending existing or make changes in existing files. As of now i don't have idea about things like sidebars and all which are used in existing layout files or CSS files.
So my question is how should i approach things? Do i need to have a complete understanding of CSS, ajax and bootstrap etc? or if i get basic idea of things then it will work? How should i move forward?

Thanks.

António Ramos

Apr 13, 2017, 9:32:55 AM4/13/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
I like and am using this

here is the web2py template

the code is very well organized...

Regards
António

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Pierre

Apr 14, 2017, 10:57:55 AM4/14/17
to web2py-users
learn the basics of css and the bootstrap grid system and components. As for sidebars, there are powerful tools like  -change column ordering-   (a sidebar is just a bootstrap column contained in a row)

https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/bootstrap_grid_examples.asp

Michael Beller

Apr 14, 2017, 12:51:56 PM4/14/17
to web2py-users
I created my own scaffold app based on the AdminLTE layout, similar to what António did in terms of layout but replaced the Welcome app.  I use this for each new app instead of the Welcome app as my base app:

Massimo Di Pierro

Apr 16, 2017, 10:37:41 AM4/16/17
to web2py-users
screenshots? :-)

António Ramos

Apr 16, 2017, 2:16:27 PM4/16/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
My humble doc management app still in testing, with workflows...
I have email templates looking very nice....

--
10.JPG
9.JPG

LoveWeb2py

Apr 16, 2017, 11:13:02 PM4/16/17
to web2py-users
These are beautiful! We should start a collection of scaffolding templates...

Joe Barnhart

Apr 19, 2017, 3:14:10 AM4/19/17
to web2py-users
Something's wrong!  The text came out garbled on the screen shots.  I can't read a thing!

;-)