nav bar in 2.16.1

lucas

Dec 21, 2017, 9:36:49 PM12/21/17
to web2py-users
hello one and all,

i'm trying to update an older app into the new 2.16.1 and i want the nav bar centered with the login pulled to the right.  no matter what css i do to the damn thing, i can't get it off of the left to center it in the window with the login pulling to the right, giving that space between the last menu item and the login item.  now, i'm pretty good with css and this thing has me stumped.  perhaps it has to do with bootstrap and -webkit stuff.

so please offer some advice and examples, lucas

lucas

Dec 21, 2017, 9:43:55 PM12/21/17
to web2py-users
oh and i forgot to mention.  if you narrow the browser window to the point that that button hides the menu, when you click on it it does do anything.  that was under both safari and firefox, latest versions.

Carlos Kitu

Dec 23, 2017, 1:27:29 AM12/23/17
to web2py-users
Me too, with chromium and chrome as browsers. I just started with 2.16.1, and found that out. I thought that something was wrong with my browser.
Best regards.

lucas

Dec 23, 2017, 4:08:14 AM12/23/17
to web2py-users
I mean I worked like 12 hours trying to do that simple thing.

lucas

Dec 23, 2017, 8:12:46 AM12/23/17
to web2py-users
as I reported when the screen isn't wide enough, it will default to the pull down button, that doesn't work in safari or Firefox.  it also doesn't work on iOS.

Paolo Caruccio

Dec 23, 2017, 1:01:43 PM12/23/17
to web2py-users
In the web2py 2.16.1 welcome layout.html page, in order to move to the right the login dropdown, you could apply the bootstrap 4 class mr-auto  to the form in navbar

<form class="form-inline my-2 my-lg-0 mr-auto">

and add the class dropdown-menu-right to the dropdown

Paolo Caruccio

Dec 23, 2017, 1:08:18 PM12/23/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
Regarding the collapsed navbar issue, in the web2py 2.16.1 welcome layout.html page the id on the navbar-collapse  is missing

Carlos Kitu

Dec 30, 2017, 2:55:19 PM12/30/17
to web2py-users
Thanks a lot Paolo. It worked fine.