Pack a big app

L c

Apr 27, 2020, 11:29:44 AM4/27/20
to web2py-users
Hello,

I would like to transfer an app from server 1 to server 2 (size of the app 700Mb)
first test : try to pack to build a w2p package --> internal error  (it works for app 400 Mb)
Second test : i create a tar from server 1 and i transfer to server 2 --> the app tells me no function (note that she works very well on server 1)

Server 1 : debian jessie
Server 2 : debian buster

Any idea ?

thank you very much

Christian Varas

Apr 27, 2020, 12:05:19 PM4/27/20
to web...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

To transfer big apps, I do the following: Go to "applications" folder in web2py of serverv1, then zip your app,  then move it through SSH or other method to the new server, and place it in the "applications" folder of web2py of server 2. Reload routes in web2py admin app. I haven't experienced troubles with this method.

Cheers.

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

L c

L c

Apr 27, 2020, 12:18:57 PM4/27/20
to web2py-users
you were right, reload routes was good, sorry and thank you again
good day