[WEB3PY] form.custom

Ricardo Pedroso

Apr 15, 2013, 6:12:07 PM4/15/13
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm taking a look at web3py and I'm liking what I'm seeing...
So I started to create a simple web3py app to have a fisrt taste of it.

I have a question regards to form.custom because I tend to use them a lot.

What are the plans about them?
The code related to form.custom is commented and have with the
following sentence:
do we want this?

Ricardo

Ricardo Pedroso

Apr 15, 2013, 6:14:29 PM4/15/13
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Ricardo Pedroso <rmdpe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> The code related to form.custom is commented and have with the
> following sentence:
> do we want this?

Correction, should be read as:
The code related to form.custom is commented and have the

Massimo DiPierro

Apr 15, 2013, 6:22:15 PM4/15/13
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
I'll take your advice. I think we need to take a different approach for web3py. We need to form a team of committed developers.

Vinicius Assef

Apr 15, 2013, 10:59:58 PM4/15/13
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to know more about web3py plans and way of doing things (in a
programmer who uses it vision).

Is its app development philosophy the same as web2py?
What is its focus? Speed things up? Correct some architecture? Just be
Python 3 compatible?

Massimo DiPierro

Apr 20, 2013, 1:19:20 AM4/20/13

On Apr 15, 2013, at 9:59 PM, Vinicius Assef wrote:

> I'd like to know more about web3py plans and way of doing things (in a
> programmer who uses it vision).
>
> Is its app development philosophy the same as web2py?
> What is its focus? Speed things up? Correct some architecture? Just be
> Python 3 compatible?

I think the goals are (from my prospective)
- streamline code
- faster by making the execution of models and controllers optional
- make it python 2 and python 3 compatible
- experiment with code some of which may be backported to web2py.