Can wax import 3GP video files (from a blackberry phone)?

Kickstart

Mar 20, 2012, 10:44:50 AM3/20/12
to wax-discuss
Can wax import 3GP video files (from a blackberry phone)?

coolshows101

Mar 20, 2012, 2:45:56 PM3/20/12
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if wax can import .3gp I do know about a really good Mobile Media Converter. http://www.miksoft.net/mobileMediaConverter.php

Michael Chu

Mar 21, 2012, 10:57:31 AM3/21/12
to wax-discuss
If you have AviSynth installed, read this post on how to import media
by creating a .AVS text file to load into Wax:
http://groups.google.com/group/wax-discuss/browse_thread/thread/4c347c63003023a4/dc7de1b6aa726831?lnk=gst&q=avisynth#dc7de1b6aa726831

If that "DirectShowSource" command doesn't work for you, there is a
plugin called "ffmpegsource" that should be able to load in anything:
http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/
Here's a sample command to load any kind of video file in a script:

FFmpegSource2("Drive:\Path\Yourvideofile.3gp",atrack=-1)

FYI, AviSynth is an incredibly powerful script-based media processor.
You can do tonnes of stuff to prepare your media files before using in
Wax, e.g. basic things like cropping (dimensions), trimming/cutting/
merging clips (frames), to more advanced things like chroma key
(greenscreen). A key advantage to using it in your projects (if you
have a decent computer) is that it does everything on the fly, so you
don't need to convert files into AVI or other formats first, which
takes up additional disk space on your computer.