June meeting

1 view

Clint Loper

Jun 5, 2012, 10:21:15 AM6/5/12
to walkbik...@googlegroups.com, Jen Keeler, Chris Hibbard, Kendall Wills
Hi all. Several folks weighed in last week that getting together as a group again in June would be useful, to compare notes from Bike to School Month, as well as to plan next steps for collaborating.

I know everyone's schedules get busy this time of year, but perhaps we can find a date that works for enough folks to make it worthwhile.

I've set up a Doodle poll at the following link:

http://www.doodle.com/kk9gr5p79pp4nmp3

Please check it out and let us know which dates would work for you.

Also, if you are interested in perhaps hosting this next meeting at your school, please email me directly at clint...@gmail.com

It would be great to diversify and meet at another school! But if that isn't feasible for June, we can meet at Bryant again or find another location.

Hope we can find a time to get together and keep our walk and bike to school momentum going!!

Clint

Clint Loper

Jun 6, 2012, 9:31:58 AM6/6/12
to Walk.Bike.Schools
Hi everyone. Thanks to those that have "voted" on a date and time for
a meeting! I'll leave the poll up for another day or so (see the link
below), to let others express their preference, and then we'll
finalize plans.

Thanks!
Cint

On Jun 5, 7:21 am, Clint Loper <clint.lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all. Several folks weighed in last week that getting together as a group
> again in June would be useful, to compare notes from Bike to School Month,
> as well as to plan next steps for collaborating.
>
> I know everyone's schedules get busy this time of year, but perhaps we can
> find a date that works for enough folks to make it worthwhile.
>
> I've set up a Doodle poll at the following link:
>
> http://www.doodle.com/kk9gr5p79pp4nmp3
>
> Please check it out and let us know which dates would work for you.
>
> Also, if you are interested in perhaps hosting this next meeting at your
> school, please email me directly at clint.lo...@gmail.com.

Jen Cole

Jun 6, 2012, 12:36:32 PM6/6/12
to walkbik...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Clint:

I have an IWALK project that I organize each year, and I'd like your thoughts about it.  It's been regional in the past, and this year I've been tasked with expanding it state-wide.  It's basically a push to get folks to register, prepare for and share info about October IWALK events.  The campaign is largely electronic, though there are a couple key in-person opportunities in the summer, and then culminates with an IWALK meeting and resource giveaway as soon as school begins in September.

I'll let the group know about it soon, once I'm able to focus on this project more fully, but I wanted to give you the heads-up and see if you had any creative thoughts about how our efforts could combine to be greater than the sum.  Let me know what you think.  Tx.  - j

--
Jen Cole
Safe Routes to School Program Director