[Wala-wala] Import resolve problems after download wala from git into eclipse

Ulf K.

Aug 10, 2012, 10:08:46 AM8/10/12
to wala-wala
Hello Wala Team.

I cloned Wala like described here from the git repository out of eclipse (Juno):
http://wala.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/UserGuide:Accessing_WALA_Using_Git#Cloning_WALA

Afterwards I got a mass of import errors because some classes are not
found (not available - the little red x on the eclipse projects).

This list said for some projects it is okay, but the major projects
have to compile automatically (like com.ibm.wala.core or
com.ibm.wala.shrike) but they don´t.
Some examples of classes which are not found:
- inside wala.core: com.ibm.wala.shrikeBT.IInvokeInstruction (missing
wala.shrikeBT package)
- inside wala.shrike: com.ibm.wala.util.collection.Pair (missing
wala.util package)

Any suggestions?
It seems that the build path was not cloned from github properly. the
shrikeBT package for example is available in project
com.ibm.wala.shrike > com.ibm.wala.shrikeBT.
So it seems that I have to set this project in the build path of wala.core.

Is there somewhere a list what to do or which build path I have to set
to the core project? Or is it up to me to fix it manually?

Greetz
Ulf

PS:
Eclipse Juno
Java JDK 7
Windows 7 x64

--
"In der Informatik geht es genauso wenig um Computer, wie in der
Astronomie um Teleskope." - Dijkstra

"Es gibt nur eine falsche Sicht: Der Glaube, meine Sicht ist die
einzig richtige." - Nāgārjuna

"Was einmal gedacht wurde, kann nicht mehr zurückgenommen werden" -
Die Physiker (Dürrenmatt)

Ulf Karrock <ukar...@gmail.com>
Darmstadt, Germany

Manu Sridharan

Aug 10, 2012, 11:23:42 AM8/10/12
to WALA discussion and Q&A

Hi Ulf,

My guess is that you have the wrong flavor of Eclipse installed.  You should get Eclipse Classic:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-classic-42/junor

The Eclipse IDE for Java Developers distribution does not include the Plugin Development Tools.  Since WALA projects are plug-in projects, you need the PDT in order for the code to build.
Also, we haven't tested with Eclipse Juno yet; I'm still on 3.7.  So there may be some issues there (but hopefully not).

Thanks,
Manu

Manu Sridharan
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
http://researcher.ibm.com/view.php?person=us-msridhar

Inactive hide details for "Ulf K." ---08/10/2012 07:22:40 AM---Hello Wala Team. I cloned Wala like described here from the git "Ulf K." ---08/10/2012 07:22:40 AM---Hello Wala Team. I cloned Wala like described here from the git repository out of eclipse (Juno):

Ulf K.

Aug 22, 2012, 4:55:50 AM8/22/12
to WALA discussion and Q&A
Hi Manu.

Thanks for your answer.

I forgot to run the ant-scripts and as well I reinstalled PDT. Than all classes compiled as suggested without errors but one class: com.ibm.wala.fixpoint.IntSetVariable.

At line 30ff "other.V" is used. But variable V was set to "private" (line 26). Eclipse said, that "other.V" is not visible.
I changed line 26 to default visibility - no error anymore.
But I´m not sure if this was just a bug or if it was suggested by the programmer.

Greetz
Ulf

2012/8/10 Manu Sridharan <msri...@us.ibm.com>
graycol.gif

Manu Sridharan

Aug 28, 2012, 4:43:59 PM8/28/12
to WALA discussion and Q&A

Hi Ulf,

This compiles fine for me without any changes using Eclipse 3.7.  Not sure why it's not compiling in your case, but if that change fixes it for you, maybe you can just maintain the change locally.

Thanks,
Manu

Manu Sridharan
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
http://researcher.ibm.com/view.php?person=us-msridhar

Inactive hide details for "Ulf K." ---08/22/2012 01:56:49 AM---Hi Manu. Thanks for your answer."Ulf K." ---08/22/2012 01:56:49 AM---Hi Manu. Thanks for your answer.

Darmstadt, Germany

Live Security Virtual Conference
threats.