Building Wala Problems: missing DX sources and library and more

sebastian dev

Jun 10, 2015, 4:31:08 AM6/10/15
to wala-sourc...@googlegroups.com
I have problems building Wala.

I'm using the most recent commit: (04. June) commit 93a522eecd853deb0cef39f29be7ce11e57c20af.

Executing (taken from http://wala.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/UserGuide:Getting_Started)

mvn clean verify -DskipTests=true -q

in the root folder leads to compilation errors:

[INFO] Building jar: /home/weisgerber/workspace/android-hooks/axplorer/src/wala/com.ibm.wala.dalvik/dalvik.jar
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:0.21.0:compile (default-compile) on project com.ibm.wala.dalvik.test: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /home/weisgerber/workspace/android-hooks/axplorer/src/wala/com.ibm.wala.dalvik.test/source/com/ibm/wala/dalvik/test/DalvikTestBase.java:[59]
[ERROR] com.android.dx.command.Main.main(new String[]{"--dex", "--output=" + f.getAbsolutePath(), jarFile});
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] com.android cannot be resolved
[ERROR] 1 problem (1 error)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

which can get solved by copying the DX sources from Android Source tree to the wala/com.ibm.wala.dalvik.test folder.

But this only leads to more errors (missing lib/dx.jar) which cannot get solved by copying it from the source tree to the wala/com.ibm.wala.dalvik.test/lib OR wala/com.ibm.wala.dalvik/lib folder

But shouldn't these dependencies get resolved by executing ant getJars in the corresponding folders?

I managed to build a portion of wala by disabling all modules in the pom.xml that have anything with test in their name, but shouldn't I be able to build with the original sources?

The wala.properties file is not needed during the build process or am I wrong? (I've set it up anyway....)

I need the dalvik module and am pretty much stuck with this situation, can someone help?

I'm using the Oracle Java8 compiler.

sebastian dev

Jun 10, 2015, 9:32:59 AM6/10/15
to wala-sourc...@googlegroups.com
Follow Up:

Disabling module com.ibm.wala.dalvik.test in pom.xml is enough to get a successful build.

How do I succeed with building the dalvik.tests

Julian Dolby

Jun 12, 2015, 8:37:57 AM6/12/15
to WALA discussion and Q&A, wala-sourc...@googlegroups.com

Sorry about that; I need to fix the instructions for Dalvik.  The issue is that the dx library is no longer available without a click-through license from Google.  What you need to do is get the most recent dx.jar library from your Android development tools, which is typically in the build-tools/22.0.1/lib/ subdirectory.  Put that jar in the 'lib' directory of the com.ibm.wala.dalvik.test project, creating that directory if need be.

-- Julian

Inactive hide details for sebastian dev ---06/12/2015 04:53:23 AM---Follow Up: Disabling module com.ibm.wala.dalvik.test in pomsebastian dev ---06/12/2015 04:53:23 AM---Follow Up: Disabling module com.ibm.wala.dalvik.test in pom.xml is enough to get

sebastian dev <sweisge...@gmail.com>

wala-sourc...@googlegroups.com

06/12/2015 04:53 AM

Re: [Wala-wala] Building Wala Problems: missing DX sources and library and more

sebastian dev

Jun 12, 2015, 8:44:55 AM6/12/15
to wala-sourc...@googlegroups.com, do...@us.ibm.com, wala...@lists.sourceforge.net
This does the trick, thanks a lot :)