Beta v1.5.4.1 is out on the site

Gary

Jun 13, 2014, 10:09:25 PM6/13/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Howdy, folks.  I just got the latest beta out on the site.  It can be found here :   http://www.voiceattack.com/beta.aspx

Notes from the change log are below.  Please take it for a spin :)

Gary

-    Improvements

     -  If you add semicolons between phrases
        in the, 'Say Something With Text to Speech'
        feature, VoiceAttack will randomize which
        phrase to use.  Kind of a hidden feature :D

     -  Export to html now remembers what columns you
        choose.

     -  If a start listening or stop listening command
        is issued and a, 'play a sound' or, 'say something
        with TTS' is anywhere in the action list for
        that command, the start and stop listening sound
        effects are muted.

-    Bug Fixes

     -  Disabled the ability to copy commands from
        one profile to another when the source command
        contains a subcommand (either execute or kill).
        This would get all kinds of hairy (and the result
        would never work), so it is disabled for now.
        Also added a confirmation for the delete of
        commands that are referenced in other commands.

     -  Better handling if no speech engines are installed.
        This was made evident in Dutch versions of Windows
        where the only speech engine available was English.

     -  Fixed an issue with the, 'dead' key in non-US
        keyboards and VoiceAttack not passing the key through
        correctly in certain circumstances.

     -  Fixed issue with listening overrides not working at
        all with prefixes and suffixes.  For example, if your
        command override is, 'computer' and you have a prefix
        of 'fire' and a suffix of 'weapon 1', you can now say
        'computer fire weapon 1' when the listening is off.

     -  Better validation of multipart phrases (again).

     -  Fixed issue where key press, 'hold down for x seconds'
        input box was not responding to the numeric keys on the
        alpha keyboard.

Firey Toad

Jun 14, 2014, 4:13:36 AM6/14/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update Gary.

Not noticed any problems so far. The random TTS is working very nicely, thanks for adding it in. Just means more work adding in the responses now lol.

Fireytoad

Eminus Sleepus

Jun 14, 2014, 5:46:23 AM6/14/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
hi Gary,

I have found an issue or maybe this is not included in the feature(yet)

in my first command I have

command 1 (say hi)
1)say "it is a good day to die"
2)execute command "battle mode"

command 2 (battle mode)
1)say "enabling battle mode"

but when I command "say hi"
it will not execute
1)say "it is a good day to die"

only this one
2)execute command "battle mode"

is this to be expected?

thanks
eminus

Axel Briche

Jun 14, 2014, 9:09:43 AM6/14/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary, a push-to-talk functionality exists please ? :)
Thanks.

Gary

Jun 14, 2014, 1:57:39 PM6/14/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
It does.  Check out the options page :)

Gary

Gary

Jun 14, 2014, 1:59:58 PM6/14/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Make sure the volume is up on the command that does the text to speech.  Also, does the text to speech command work on its own?  Were you able to preview the text to speech and it work properly?

If none of this works, you may want to look at your Windows settings for text to speech.

Gary

Colin Logan

Jun 14, 2014, 6:50:28 PM6/14/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
I've been trying to get the randomized TTS phrases feature you mentioned to work, and for the life of me I can't figure it out.

As an example if I input TTS responses: "Hello.; Hi there.; Hey."

It reads everything instead of picking one of the three responses at random. Even if I put in punctuation or spaces on either side of the semicolon, same thing. Am I doing it wrong? Do you have a working example for this?

Thanks!

Rory D. Staffan

Jun 14, 2014, 7:08:41 PM6/14/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Take out the spaces around the semicolons.

Example: Hello;Hi there;Hey

Colin Logan

Jun 14, 2014, 7:20:17 PM6/14/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Rory I appreciate the help, you were spot on. I figured out what I was doing wrong: I had the wrong version! I was using the 1.5.4, not beta 1.5.4.1. Oops!!

Rory D. Staffan

Jun 14, 2014, 7:43:02 PM6/14/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Ah good deal, glad you got it sorted :)

Emmanuel Caseñas

Jun 14, 2014, 7:49:44 PM6/14/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the reply yes the TTS command works properly if set alone but when I put the other command only the TTS of the other command will be spoken.

Thanks

--

---

Trevor Woodcook

Jun 14, 2014, 8:57:27 PM6/14/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
HURRAY!!!!

Works like a charm!

--

---

Trevor Woodcook

Jun 14, 2014, 8:59:44 PM6/14/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Colin, the preview will play all the responses, but the actual command should pull at random.
Also, did you download the BETA version or the latest release version? You should have the beta version for this functionality.

Trevor Woodcook

Jun 15, 2014, 8:13:03 AM6/15/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Just another note - you MUST have a space after each semi-colon as a function of the TTS engine or it will just say "semi-colon".

Gary

Jun 15, 2014, 1:09:03 PM6/15/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Ok... I will look into that.  Since the beta release, I am trimming each of the results (removing extra spaces on the ends).

Also, the initial process is to split on the semicolons, which should yield no semicolons in the result.

Gary
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to voiceattack+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

JonnyRedHed

Jun 16, 2014, 7:59:19 PM6/16/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
What with all the chatter on the Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous forums,  your sales must be going thru the roof! :)    and for good reason.   great idea, great base app,  the more UI things you can do without scripting the better for me.  I struggle with script/code anything. And find a good UI far easier to like.  And I like voice attack.

Gary

Jun 16, 2014, 9:24:24 PM6/16/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the encouragement, Jonny.  Things are definitely not NOT busy around here...  I'll get back around to coding again soon  :)  More good stuff to come...

Gary

JonnyRedHed

Jun 18, 2014, 9:20:49 AM6/18/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Could you possibly add a font size setting for the 'edit profile' section.  I'm using a 50 inch plasma TV as my main screen and find the small font size a little hard on the eyes.

Gary

Jun 18, 2014, 12:53:13 PM6/18/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
I'm gonna need to do this for my setup, too :(

Gary

JonnyRedHed

Jun 18, 2014, 1:24:46 PM6/18/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com

I already have windows 7 zoomed to 125%, any more and various apps and games just break.   I open VA and click the icon to edit profile to go to the long sheet of commands, and those lines are tiny.  Then further in to edit each command with its various windows.  Those could do with a setting in the UI section to just scale things up a bit but not to break things.  The font type is fine,  just scaling for me and proper font rendering as it scales.  Plasma TV's for windows desktop are never great for font rendering, and I have to run 'MacType' which seems to smooth my windows UI and most programs fonts.

Craig Gallagher

Jun 21, 2014, 2:48:39 AM6/21/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

I read your comment on the semicolon random feature for TTS (awesome!) and was wondering if you are able to add the same feature for when playing a sound? The reason I ask is that I use a VA profile with custom recorded audio files and would like to randomise the responses for some of the commands.

Thanks,

Craig

Gary

Jun 21, 2014, 11:41:04 AM6/21/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
This feature is on books.  At some point you will be able to randomize a set of commands... any of which could be, 'play a sound'.

Hope that helps!

Gary

Craig Gallagher

Jun 22, 2014, 12:23:42 AM6/22/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

That definitely helps and thanks for your prompt reply.

Loving your product, keep up the great work! :D

Craig

--

---

JonnyRedHed

Jun 23, 2014, 8:13:24 PM6/23/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
A lot of talk tonight on the SC forums gary about the idea of CIG reaching out to you.  Has this happened,  and what would your thoughts about this be if you don't mind us asking.

Certainly at the moment it can get confusing to hear the in-game voice and the VA x64 voice. So that needs to be addressed.  Maybe options in-game to edit and or turn down or off the current in-game voice.

Plus I'd like to have all in-game blocks of text read back to me becuase I'm a bad reader.  Things like systems info, planetary info and trading etc.  Asll text messages.  And the official Star Citizen Galactapedia if its available in-game.   Certainly cheaper than voice acting it all, and easier for the constant updating of all info.

So having the two voice systems fighting with each other doesn't make sense.

JonnyRedHed

Jun 23, 2014, 8:25:13 PM6/23/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Or how about, a collaboration between VA and CIG to maybe create a profile and plugin integration. So VA remains a 3rd party app for use with all your other games, but has a tightly integrated plugin hooking into the game.  So one voice, well maybe two if a voice could be switched for different sections of the game.  Cockpit AI and Lore reader etc.   But controlled via the plugin.    With live updating of VA hooked into the game whilst running it, for quick editing purposes.

Trevor Woodcook

Jun 23, 2014, 8:28:04 PM6/23/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Woosh! and the community lifts off into space with Gary looking on going, "W.T.F. just happened?"

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM, JonnyRedHed <jonny...@gmail.com> wrote:
Or how about, a collaboration between VA and CIG to maybe create a profile and plugin integration. So VA remains a 3rd party app for use with all your other games, but has a tightly integrated plugin hooking into the game.  So one voice, well maybe two if a voice could be switched for different sections of the game.  Cockpit AI and Lore reader etc.   But controlled via the plugin.    With live updating of VA hooked into the game whilst running it, for quick editing purposes.

--

---
Message has been deleted

JonnyRedHed

Jun 23, 2014, 9:09:27 PM6/23/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Well Chris Roberts has just mentioned it in his latest 10 for the chairman at around 19minutes in.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13972-10-For-The-Chairman-Episode-26

Certainly a plugin idea might be good to have, so VA remains free for other games but can then hook in tightly with SC.  Be able to swtch to VA to edit in more depth.  there's no way to bring all that UI VA currently can offer in-game with SC.  So would a plugin be the option.   Voice switching, for lore reading etc and then cockpit AI.

CR has said they are looking into it and might reach out to Gary.

If handled right, this can surely only mean good things can happen.

Jerry Ozbun

Jun 24, 2014, 11:02:37 AM6/24/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
So much awesome if VA and SC get in bed together - so long as I don't lose my VA for other things I am all in. :D

JonnyRedHed

Jun 24, 2014, 2:35:19 PM6/24/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
If CIG reach out then who knows what might happen.  A SC profile collaboration would be good.  This retains the app as a great 3rd party TTS controller.  I believe because of the limitations with windows version having TTS and the limited languages available on windows for TTS, then its not going to be fair for a lot of citizens who want to try this.  This alone would prohibit using VA built into the game.

So maybe the idea of a plugin would be a good one, because then the in-game voice could be turned off but all warning messages could then be routed via VA so you still hear the one (or two) voices you have with VA and no clashing voices any more.  Without this type of integration your still going to hear two voices possibly at the same time as we have now.  Short term, some in-game voice options be added.  But still, without in-game voice warnings and no way to use VA,  we lose out.   A plugin might help here.

What do you think?

Mike Collins aka Sage Stark (SC)

Jun 25, 2014, 5:16:45 AM6/25/14
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary, bought the software and just wanted say thanks. I really think this is a game changer and I will promote it whenever and wherever I can (Thinks SH5 community, they will love this). Already some of the projects using this, if they come off will be amazing. Please keep up the good work.

Mike