download links for GDB 9.1.1 (due to reported issues with 9.3.x)

Armando Stellato

Jul 27, 2020, 7:45:43 AM7/27/20
to vocbench-user

Dear VocBenchers,

We have spotted some issues in the recent releases 9.3.x of GraphDB. One of them has been solved with the latest release 9.3.2

However, we have discovered another issue in GDB 9.3.2 with variable binding heavily affecting performances when visualizing resources with a large number of labels

So, the situation is this one.

  • Users of VB 7.0 managing large datasets might have performance issues in visualizing resources with a large number of labels if using the recent GDB 9.3.2
  • In a last minute change, after finding out about this issue and before finalizing the forthcoming VB 8.0, we have found an escamotage (for those interested: we made the binging explicit in the text of the query instead of using the query API with setBinding() ) for which the performance issue seems to have been solved.
    However, we have not performed an extensive testing (and we haven’t changed all similar calls in other parts of the code, as we would like to see the problem addressed and keep the code style we have) thus we are not in the position to recommend this new version of GDB.
    Note that it would still possible to try 9.3.2 with VB 8.0 and no data would be corrupted, yet if you are aiming at a stable and performant version and do not have the possibility to easily revert back to a previous version, we advise to keep the version you have or, if you are new to VB, to download a recommended version (see below).

For those new to VB3, Ontotext has kindly provided links to GDB 9.1.1, which has been widely tested and used with VB3

GDB Free

Platform independent distribution package - http://download.ontotext.com/owlim/89234a9c-3c49-11ea-8066-42843b1b6b38/graphdb-free-9.1.1-dist.zip

GDB SE

Platform independent distribution package - http://download.ontotext.com/owlim/61c8c3be-3c49-11ea-b202-42843b1b6b38/graphdb-se-9.1.1-dist.zip

GDB EE

Platform independent distribution package - http://download.ontotext.com/owlim/f726ef36-3c48-11ea-866f-42843b1b6b38/graphdb-ee-9.1.1-dist.zip

…oh..and since we are here….VB3 8.0 will be released hopefully by the end of this week. Be prepared for a ton of new features :-)

Kind Regards,

Armando

Armando Stellato, PhD

ART Research Group,

Dept. of Enterprise Engineering

University of Roma, Tor Vergata

Via del Politecnico 1 00133 ROMA (ITALY)

tel: +39 06 7259 7330 (office, room A1-14);

     +39 06 7259 7332 (lab)

e_mail: stel...@uniroma2.it