CHANGING THE VIVO FRONT-END

Pedro Moreo

Jul 3, 2018, 5:35:14 AM7/3/18
to VIVO Tech

Hello

we are trying to develop a application for some institutions. The matter is that we would like to change the front-end. These are some stub page, that emulate what VIVO front end does.

The problem is, that to replicate Vivo functionality , we need to make a sparql query every time we need to calculate a counter or data register (every yellow spot in the images). Of course it takes more time that we would like.

  1. There is any other better way to do that?
  2. Maybe is not a good idea to change the front-end?

thanks a lot
1.PNG
2.PNG

Gross, Benjamin

Jul 3, 2018, 1:41:53 PM7/3/18
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,
Through which mechanism are you running the SPARQL queries? E.g. the query api?
In any case, the query time can really add up on a page even with the most efficient queries and mechanisms. You can get around this by caching the page. Alternatively, you can pull the info from the search index instead of the triplestore. For example, Brown's new ruby on rails front end is running over Solr. You might reach out to them if that's something that interests you.

Benjamin

<1.PNG><2.PNG>

Pedro Moreo

Jul 5, 2018, 12:53:27 PM7/5/18
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Benjamin,

we are using SPARQLWRAPPER to use the API, and we were working on an Angular web page. I will check this new Ruby On Rais front end. Thanks a lot.

instagram: @pedro.moreo

PJ.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "VIVO Tech" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/vivo-tech.