Does Vivo sparql update API support delete/insert operation ?

J. Dornbusch

Jun 26, 2018, 2:41:44 AM6/26/18
to VIVO Tech
Hello

I want to execute my update requests to Vivo inside transactions. I'm interested in delete/insert operations.
But as soon as I tell my sparql client (ruby sparql client) to go to 1.1, I get errors on the simplest queries.

SPARQL::Client::MalformedQuery (<H1>400 Query string was not supplied.</H1>

Processing query SELECT * WHERE { ?s <http://vivo.mydomain.edu/ontology/ehess#hasTechnicalidentifier> "ldap_ehess#1234" . }):

While it works very well with the default protocol.
I can't determine where the problem come from, ruby gem or sparql API.

Does anyone have information?

Thanks, J.Dornbusch

Gross, Benjamin

Jul 3, 2018, 2:19:43 PM7/3/18
to vivo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you show us the difference between what you are trying here and the default protocol that works? The VIVO update API definitely works, but you have to follow the format shown on the wiki which might not be the format your client is supplying. I'm not sure if the format VIVO expects is compliant with what you'll find on the W3C page or not, but as far as I can tell the update api code really only serves as an interface to the Jena update library.

Benjamin