New vispy release 0.4.0

Eric Larson

May 22, 2015, 3:02:55 PM5/22/15
to vi...@googlegroups.com, visp...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Today we released vispy version 0.4.0 to PyPi!

This version is a result of 9 months of work. There have been many changes, which include:

* minor tweaks and bugfixes to gloo
* experimental support for "collections" (batched GL draw calls)
* many new Visuals (Volume, Isocurve, etc.)
* improvements and extensions of the SceneGraph system
* proper HiDPI support
* an experimental native high-level plotting interface vispy.plot

Feel free to take a look at the API documentation and example gallery to see some of the new capabilities:

This release was due to hard work by the following contributors, sorted by number of commits:

   654  Luke Campagnola
   632  Almar Klein
   491  Eric Larson
   265  Adam Griffiths
   207  Nicolas Rougier
    78  Almar
    76  Cyrille Rossant
    72  M S Suraj
    71  Eric89GXL
    41  mfkaptan
    21  irwin
    15  Nicolas P. Rougier
     9  rossant
     7  John David Reaver
     7  Per Rosengren
     5  Matthieu Dartiailh
     4  Jerome Kieffer
     4  Joe Donovan
     4  Luke
     3  Kieffer Jerome
     2  Jonathan Mackenzie
     1  Bitdeli Chef
     1  Cyrille
     1  ggoret
     1  gouarin

As always, development continues on GitHub toward the next version. Feel free to open issues for any bugs or potential enhancements there:

Cheers,
Eric (on behalf of the vispy dev team)

Christophe Bal

May 22, 2015, 3:33:32 PM5/22/15
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for this new release.

Christophe BAL
Enseignant de mathématiques en Lycée et développeur Python amateur
---
French math teacher in a "Lycée" and Python amateur developer

Alexander Taylor

May 23, 2015, 10:10:26 AM5/23/15
to vi...@googlegroups.com, visp...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations and thanks for the release!

I think the commit list is wrong though, maybe showing everything up to version 0.3 rather than everything between 0.3 and 0.4. I get:

$ git shortlog -s -n 838f899a84bef242e2f2a8e68806806a4b168b8e..2e5d794f8aa4b65996839ec4f1748eb7a9d0d07e
   353  Luke Campagnola
   198  Almar Klein
   194  Eric Larson
   179  Cyrille Rossant
    94  Eric89GXL
    61  Alexander Taylor
    49  sylm21
    37  Alex J. Champandard
    32  izaid
    29  Max Hunter
    26  irwin
    19  Siddharth Bhat
    16  Karl Czajkowski
    15  karlcz
    13  Cedric GESTES
    12  brickgao
    11  bdurin
    10  Gabriel Nützi (UBUNTU)
     8  Rob McMullen
     7  Fiach Antaw
     6  Thomas Mansencal
     5  StephenWest
     4  Guillaume Baty
     3  John David Reaver
     3  M S Suraj
     3  Maximilian Albert
     3  Nicolas Rougier
     2  Dzhelil Rufat
     2  Elliott Sales de Andrade
     2  stonebig
     1  Antony Lee
     1  Jorge C. Leitão
     1  Ravi Peters
     1  Rob Reilink
     1  Simeon Visser
     1  Xiongzhi Gao
     1  Ylannl
     1  bryan newbold

Eric Larson

May 23, 2015, 10:14:04 AM5/23/15
to visp...@googlegroups.com, vi...@googlegroups.com

That does look more reasonable. Thanks for the fix. :)

Eric