April meetup - what shall we do?

Drew Neil

Apr 1, 2014, 10:38:43 AM4/1/14
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Our April meetup will take place on Tuesday the 29th, at Skimlinks. Here’s the listing on meetup.comhttp://www.meetup.com/Vim-London/events/174682642/ You’ll be able to RSVP from 2 weeks before the event.

As usual, I’m looking for speakers. Maybe you’ve got a favourite Vim plugin that you’d like to talk about. Or maybe you’ve incorporated into your workflow a built-in feature that you didn’t know about until recently. Or maybe you’ve been messing around with Vimscript and you want to show off you’re latest creations. We’d love to hear about it at Vim London.

Cheers,
Drew

Drew Neil

Apr 1, 2014, 11:07:46 AM4/1/14
to viml...@googlegroups.com
If anyone is short on ideas for what they could talk about, here are a few things that might inspire you:

* projectile.vim is the newest hotness from tpope. It’s a different approach to project navigation to the popular fuzzy-finders (ctrtl-p).
UltiSnips 3.0 was just released. Is anyone a big fan of the plugin, and want to share some tips about it?
* YouCompleteMe is a popular auto-complete plugin. It’s been mentioned often at Vim London, but I don’t think we’ve had a dedicated demo of it yet.
* riml is to Vimscript as Coffeescript is to JavaScript. Has anyone got their hands dirty with it?

Of course, your own ideas are also welcome. I’m just providing these suggestions as a starting point.

Drew

Drew Neil

Apr 2, 2014, 5:27:10 AM4/2/14
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Another idea for a talk that I’d love to see:

* TimL - a Clojure like language which compiles down to VimL, from Tim Pope. Steve Losh has ported the tslime plugin to TimL

Oliver Caldwell

Apr 2, 2014, 9:50:15 AM4/2/14
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Just a word of warning, I'm planning on showing off projectile.vim during my talk. It's not the main point, but it will feature in it.

Drew Neil

Apr 2, 2014, 10:20:10 AM4/2/14
to viml...@googlegroups.com
We’ve got our first talk lined up for the April meetup: Oliver Caldwell will be talking about Creating, Finding, and Editing across a project.

Drew

Drew Neil

Apr 15, 2014, 12:22:15 PM4/15/14
to viml...@googlegroups.com
You can now RSVP for our April meetup, which is on Tuesday 29th April: http://www.meetup.com/Vim-London/events/174682642/

Jack Franklin

Apr 24, 2014, 10:53:31 AM4/24/14
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Hey Drew,

You may well be bored of me speaking by now as I know I've done it a few times, but I use both UltiSnips 3 and have been toying a bit with YCM recently, so if there's no one else who'd rather do it who hasn't spoken before, I'll happily demo & chat about either / both of them for 5/10mins.

Jack.

Drew Neil

Apr 24, 2014, 11:34:50 AM4/24/14
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jack, that sounds good! I’m happy to have you talk about either one or both, whatever suits you.
Drew