October meetup - lightning talks?

Drew Neil

Sep 30, 2013, 8:09:17 AM9/30/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Save the date! October 29th at Forward:

I'd like to get more people up on stage at Vim London, so how about we make it an evening of lightning talks? Ideally, I'd be looking for about 10 volunteers to speak on a topic of their choice for 5 minutes. You don't have to talk about Vim, so long as you pick a topic that you think would be of interest to the Vim London community. That could be a cool feature of another editor, or some cool command-line tricks, or advice on switching from qwerty to dvorak/colemak/stenography. Pick something that gets you excited, and share it with us! We're not a tough room at Vim London.

Who's up for it? At our meetup tomorrow night I'll be looking for volunteers, so let me know if you have any ideas then.

Cheers,
Drew
:x

Emile Swarts

Sep 30, 2013, 2:00:30 PM9/30/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Cool, I will be talking about Steno and maybe colemak.

Drew Neil

Oct 31, 2013, 3:35:17 PM10/31/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Videos are now online: http://lanyrd.com/2013/vim-london-october-meetup/coverage/

Speakers: if you've published your slides online, please add them to Lanyrd as coverage for your session.

Drew

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Emile Swarts <emile.s...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Cool, I will be talking about Steno and maybe colemak.

Drew Neil

Jan 7, 2014, 6:44:24 AM1/7/14
to viml...@googlegroups.com
The Plover blog has picked up on our stenography lightning talk and demo. You can now watch the videos with captions here:

Pretty cool! This video gives a glimpse of how fast Plover can be, as captions are added to the video in almost realtime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBryf1zEcf0

Drew