Re: undo broken by setline

Christian Brabandt

Nov 16, 2012, 4:48:57 AM11/16/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, November 16, 2012 10:10, cheater cheater wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I have stumbled into data loss due to this bug:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vim_use/yRcEE2eO8TQ
>
> short summary: setline during insert breaks bug.
>
> I know putting bugs in a dusty database doesn't help them get fixed, but
> has this bug been all-but-forgotten? I have been unable to find out
> whether it's been fixed in the latest version.

It is still in the todo list. See :h todo.txt and search for Israel

regards,
Christian

Christian Brabandt

Nov 16, 2012, 5:00:22 PM11/16/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com, vim-dev Mailingliste
Bram,
here is a patch, that I think fixes the issue and includes a patch.

regards,
Christian
reg_=_undo.diff

cheater cheater

Nov 17, 2012, 5:20:33 AM11/17/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com, vim-dev Mailingliste, cbl...@256bit.org
Christian, most amazing. You're what's right with free software. Thank you very much.

Bram Moolenaar

Nov 17, 2012, 8:26:42 AM11/17/12
to Christian Brabandt, vim...@googlegroups.com, vim-dev Mailingliste
You mean it includes a test :-). Thanks!

30. Even though you died last week, you've managed to retain OPS on your
favorite IRC channel.