Analyzed Vim Source by PVS-Studio

Christian Brabandt

Mar 19, 2015, 4:38:35 PM3/19/15
to vim...@vim.org
There has been a blog post about analyzing source code of vim with the
PVS-Studio application. They found several problems and mentioned them
here:
http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0311/

I asked them to provide the complete list so we can fix actual problems.

Best,
Christian
--
Riechen streng des Bauers Socken war der letzte Winter trocken.

Christian Brabandt

Mar 20, 2015, 12:27:54 PM3/20/15
to vim...@vim.org
Hi vim-dev!

On Do, 19 Mär 2015, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> There has been a blog post about analyzing source code of vim with the
> PVS-Studio application. They found several problems and mentioned them
> here:
> http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0311/
>
> I asked them to provide the complete list so we can fix actual problems.

Basically, they said, everything is mentioned in the above blog post, so
they don't want to provide the complete list.

It looks like the fixes are also available from the neovim project:
https://github.com/neovim/neovim/pull/2157/commits

Best,
Christian
--
Dick sein ist keine physiologische Eigenschaft - das ist eine
Weltanschauung.