patch - ":close" behaves strangely in command-line window

Jean-Rene David

Apr 30, 2011, 11:09:20 PM4/30/11
to vim-dev
Attached is a small patch addressing todo item:

In command line window ":close" doesn't work properly. (Tony Mechelynck, 2009
Jun 1)

In addition to not closing the command-line window, the history was
modified when using ":close", when it fact it shouldn't. This behavior
also affected ":q" while in the command-line window.

This patch fixes both issues on my system.

--
JR

close-cmdwin.patch

Bram Moolenaar

May 1, 2011, 7:23:40 AM5/1/11
to Jean-Rene David, vim-dev

Jean-Rene David wrote:

Thanks!

--
Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?

Jean-Rene David

May 1, 2011, 5:45:24 PM5/1/11
to vim-dev
Here is a small patch addressing todo item:

7 Output for ":scriptnames" and ":breaklist" should shorten the file names:
use "~/" when possible.

This is from the 'small problems' list.

I used home_replace() along with NameBuff to compact $HOME to "~/".

HTH,

--
JR

scriptnames-compact-home.patch

Bram Moolenaar

May 2, 2011, 1:52:07 PM5/2/11
to Jean-Rene David, vim-dev

Jean-Rene David wrote:

Thanks, I'll look into it later.

39. You move into a new house and decide to Netscape before you landscape.