[Patch] Add option to disable insert completion message in shortmess

Shougo

Dec 31, 2013, 7:01:55 AM12/31/13
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Bram.

I created the patch for adding option to disable insert completion message in
shortmess.
Because, the completion message is not useful for powered users.
But it clears previous command line messages and flicks command line.
So I think this message can be disabled like other messages by option.

"Why do you use Vim?"
"Because, Vim is avalable."

Dark Vim Master(暗黒美夢王/Uncock Vim Awe) Shougo / My Vim is Dark(neo-plugins) powered.
pum-silent.diff

Amadeus Demarzi

Jan 5, 2014, 7:13:39 PM1/5/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I would love to see this added. I find those messages to be quite irritating when using a lot of autocomplete.

Bram Moolenaar

Jan 6, 2014, 12:19:44 AM1/6/14
to Shougo, vim...@googlegroups.com

Shougo wrote:

> I created the patch for adding option to disable insert completion message in
> shortmess.
> Because, the completion message is not useful for powered users.
> But it clears previous command line messages and flicks command line.
> So I think this message can be disabled like other messages by option.

Thanks. I think the help for the flag needs some more explanation. An
example would be best.

--
To be rich is not the end, but only a change of worries.

Shougo

Jan 6, 2014, 7:24:13 AM1/6/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Shougo
2014年1月6日月曜日 14時19分44秒 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
Thank you for the reply.
I improved the documentation in the patch.

"Why your name is Dark?"
"Because, My Vim is not light powered(the light is not customized by plugins)."
"It is Dark power, fufufufu..."
pum-silent.diff

Bram Moolenaar

Jan 6, 2014, 8:52:34 AM1/6/14

Shougo wrote:

> Thank you for the reply.
> I improved the documentation in the patch.

[...]

> is found.
> I don't give the intro message when starting Vim |:intro|.
> + c don't give the |ins-completion-menu| message. It clears the
> + previous command line messages and flicks the command line.
> + This flag may be useful for auto completion users.

I think most users don't know what message that is. It's something like
"Keyword completion, match 1 of N", right? I think giving a literal
example is beter than trying to describe it.

111. You and your friends get together regularly on IRC, even though
all of you live in the same city.

Shougo

Jan 6, 2014, 4:09:27 PM1/6/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Shougo
2014年1月6日月曜日 22時52分34秒 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
Sorry, I get it. I fixed the description.

"My turn, load. Fufufufu..., it is victory time!"
"I install neo-complete plugin to Vim. And I enable installed plugin's features!
It increases Vim's battle power by half."
"neo-complete-flash!"
pum-silent.diff

Bram Moolenaar

Jan 7, 2014, 12:21:26 AM1/7/14

Shougo Matsu wrote:

> Sorry, I get it. I fixed the description.

Thanks!

117. You are more comfortable typing in html.

Shougo

Jan 10, 2014, 4:07:35 PM1/10/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Shougo
2014年1月7日火曜日 14時21分26秒 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
Thank you for Mr.Bram.
I fixed my patch. Because, I had mistake line number in patch...
This is minor fix.

mattn

Jan 11, 2014, 10:25:42 AM1/11/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Shougo
> Thank you for Mr.Bram.
> I fixed my patch. Because, I had mistake line number in patch...
> This is minor fix.

Probably, you forgot to attach the patch.

Shougo

Jan 11, 2014, 11:00:55 AM1/11/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Shougo
2014年1月12日日曜日 0時25分42秒 UTC+9 mattn:
Thanks. I forgot it...
pum-silent.diff

Tyler Brock

Feb 12, 2014, 4:43:22 PM2/12/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Shougo
BUMP! This would be great to have for you complete me.

Holger Rapp

Feb 16, 2014, 7:39:30 AM2/16/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Shougo, ty...@10gen.com
+1 - this would be really useful to have.

Eliseo Martínez

Feb 24, 2014, 6:24:12 PM2/24/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
+1 to this.

Karl Yngve Lervåg

Mar 7, 2014, 3:04:23 AM3/7/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
+1

Philipp Fehre

Mar 27, 2014, 6:26:58 AM3/27/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hope this is moving along, would be really nice to get this into master.

Fhoxh

Apr 2, 2014, 12:36:50 AM4/2/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
+1

skeept

Apr 2, 2014, 11:07:34 AM4/2/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I would like to see this patch merge as well.

Tyler Brock

May 2, 2014, 10:31:24 AM5/2/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 11:07:34 AM UTC-4, skeept wrote:
> I would like to see this patch merge as well.

Yep, YouCompleteMe would work much better with this.

Pedro Ferrari

May 26, 2014, 1:34:51 AM5/26/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com

+1

James Brown

Jan 26, 2015, 9:15:20 AM1/26/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
+1

Christian Brabandt

Jan 26, 2015, 1:34:55 PM1/26/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi James!

On Mo, 26 Jan 2015, James Brown wrote:

[patch from December 2013]
> +1

If I am not mistaken this patch has already been merged...

Best,
Christian
--
Wie der stille See seinen dunklen Grund in der tiefen Quelle hat, so
hat die Liebe eines Menschen ihren rätselhaften Grund in Gottes Licht.

Daniel Hahler

Feb 5, 2015, 4:23:01 PM2/5/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Am Montag, 26. Januar 2015 19:34:55 UTC+1 schrieb Christian Brabandt:
> Hi James!
>
> On Mo, 26 Jan 2015, James Brown wrote:
>
> [patch from December 2013]
> > +1
>
> If I am not mistaken this patch has already been merged...

Yes, it has been merged in / as 7.4.314 (on Wed May 28 21:40:52 2014 +0200).

Regards,
Daniel.