About Patch 7.4.200

Bram Moolenaar

Mar 12, 2014, 1:08:43 PM3/12/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com

I have just sent out patch 7.4.200, which enables the +visual feature
also in the tiny version.

It doesn't remove any #ifdefs yet, I first want to await comments.
If this looks OK I can remove about 350 occurrences of FEAT_VISUAL.

Enabling +visual doesn't cause a problem for any system, as far as I
know. The only effect is that the binary becomes a bit bigger. On my
system (64 bit):

Without +visual: 780312
with +visual: 809112
difference: 28800 or 3.7% bigger

Another thing to drop would be support for 16 bit int. I wonder if
there still is any such system where current Vim actually works. These
were Amiga, DOS and Win-16. But Vim most likely doesn't work there
now anyway. Last time I tried DOS it didn't fit in memory.

I do not really want to drop support for any system where Vim can
currently be used. But removing support for systems that don't work
anyway should be fine.

--
"Software is like sex... it's better when it's free."
-- Linus Torvalds, initiator of the free Linux OS