[patch] E11 message via Ex command is not translated

h_east

Feb 11, 2017, 7:52:54 AM2/11/17
to vim_dev
Hi Bram and list,

E11 output by the following procedure are not translated.
q::tabn<CR>
E11: Invalid in command-line window; <CR> executes, CTRL-C quits

In this procedure, the translated one is output.
q:<C-w>w
E11: コマンドラインでは無効です; <CR>で実行, CTRL-Cでやめる

NOTE for Beginner.
Actually, in order to output the translated message, it is necessary to prepare a file not attached as standard and set `:lang`.

I wrote a patch. (attached)
Check it out.

NOTE:
This issue was reported by Norio Takagi.
https://github.com/vim-jp/issues/issues/1027 (in Japanese)

--
Best regards,
Hirohito Higashi (a.k.a. h_east)

h_east

Feb 11, 2017, 8:35:49 AM2/11/17
to vim_dev
Hi Bram and all,

It has nothing to do with this patch, but why `e_zerocount` does not have an error number(E999)?
Is this intentional?

Bram Moolenaar

Feb 12, 2017, 12:34:51 PM2/12/17
to vim...@googlegroups.com, h_east

Hirohito Higashi wrote:

> E11 output by the following procedure are not translated.
> q::tabn<CR>
> E11: Invalid in command-line window; <CR> executes, CTRL-C quits
>
> In this procedure, the translated one is output.
> q:<C-w>w
> E11: コマンドラインでは無効です; <CR>で実行, CTRL-Cでやめる
>
> NOTE for Beginner.
> Actually, in order to output the translated message, it is necessary to prepare a file not attached as standard and set `:lang`.
>

> I wrote a patch. (attached)
> Check it out.

Thanks!

--
Bad programs can be written in any language.

Bram Moolenaar

Feb 12, 2017, 12:46:34 PM2/12/17

Hirohito Higashi wrote:

> It has nothing to do with this patch, but why `e_zerocount` does not have an error number(E999)?
> Is this intentional?

Good point, no I don't think this is intentional. The error is not very
clear either. I'll fix it.

--
OLD WOMAN: King of the WHO?
ARTHUR: The Britons.