Pls help me answer these questions from a businessman who wants to put mesh in his hotel rooms and offices.

nigercon

Feb 8, 2016, 4:17:46 PM2/8/16
to village-telco-dev

Pls help me answer these questions from a businessman who wants to put mesh in his hotel rooms and offices.
How far can 2 lines connect to it to reach? 300metres? Or above?
3.Can the signal traverse between a 5 story and above.
4. We intend implementing the tech on corporate orgs., do you think it will serve as a wireless
intercom for a 30-50 roomhotel?
5.What else can it carry, apart from the mesh patato box?

Marshall Anako
Starlink Communications
Uyo,
Akwa Ibom State.
Nigeria.

On Feb 7, 2016 9:22 AM, "T Gillett" <tgil...@gmail.com> wrote:
The MP02 is available in various configurations from the VillageTelco online store here:

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 3:44 PM, nigercon <starlin...@gmail.com> wrote:

Pls where can I buy the new MP the latest design?
I don't even see any pictures on the Internet.

Thank you,

Marshall Anako

On Jan 12, 2016 8:59 PM, "Steve Song" <st...@villagetelco.org> wrote:
Hi Luis,

You can add another SSID by manually editing the config files.

Add the following lines to /etc/config/network

config interface 'guest'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '10.0.0.1'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'

where 'guest' is the name of your new network and ipaddr is the IP address you would like to associate with it.

Then edit /etc/config/wireless and add the following lines

config  wifi-iface 'ap_1'
        option device 'radio0'
        option ssid 'guest'
        option network 'guest'
        option mode 'ap'
        option encryption 'none'
        option isolate '1'

That will get you a basic SSID with no authentication.  You will then need to make a decision about whether you want to hand out IP addresses with DHCP or not and how to protect the network.   Have a look at the following for more details on how to do the rest.

Cheers... Steve

On 12 January 2016 at 15:13, Luis Portillo <lmpor...@2uontime.com> wrote:
Hello is there any way I can setup multiple SSIDs using mp02 and if there is, how can I do it?

Regards

Steve Song

Feb 9, 2016, 9:01:25 AM2/9/16
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Marshall,

I cannot honestly recommend the MP2 for a hotel deployment.  Increasingly hotel guests expect to be able to stream video data.  These kind of dense usage patterns are unlikely to work well in a hotel situation.  You are likely to need some kind of wired backbone for the wireless APs.  If I were installing access in a hotel, I would use Ubiquiti's Unifi WiFi system connected to a wired backbone in the hotel.  On to this you could add MP2 Phones as WiFi VoIP client devices in each room.

Kind regards... Steve

nigercon

Feb 14, 2016, 6:27:54 AM2/14/16
to village-telco-dev

Oh beautiful th as nk you so much.
By the way, where can I buy some latest boxes of MPs I need them for demonstration purposes because my investors and clients wants to see how it works

Steve Song

Feb 15, 2016, 2:44:15 AM2/15/16
to Village Telco Dev