Need help

Luis Portillo

Mar 27, 2015, 11:47:30 AM3/27/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Can someone help me. I was playing with my MP02 basic, trying to install a new firmware, and while I was uploading the firmware electrical power went out, now my device doesn't do anything, can someone help me on getting my devide back to work.

Regards

Steve Song

Mar 27, 2015, 12:07:10 PM3/27/15
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Luis,

You should be able to recover the device by booting into uboot recovery.

To start the MP02 in Uboot mode, hold down the recessed Reset ('toggle') button while switching on the power to the device.
There is a sequence of LED flashes that is used to guide the selection of the particular Uboot mode required.
The sequence consists of four LEDS flashing together, one long flash, followed by a series of short flashes at one second intervals.
To select a particular Uboot mode, hold the button down until the required number of short flashes has occurred, then release the button.

Web Page Mode
=============
To switch to the web mode, hold the button down, switch on the power and wait for one long flash and THREE short flashes, then release the button. At this point the LEDs will flash quickly for a second to indicate that the web mode has been selected.
The web page is then available at IP address 192.168.255.1
This web page allows you to reflash the device with new a firmware sysupgrade file.

Cheers... Steve

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Luis Portillo <lmpor...@2uontime.com> wrote:
Can someone help me. I was playing with my MP02 basic, trying to install a new firmware, and while I was uploading the firmware electrical power went out, now my device doesn't do anything, can someone help me on getting my devide back to work.

Regards

Luis Portillo

Mar 27, 2015, 12:33:58 PM3/27/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com, st...@villagetelco.org
Hi again, I did what you told me and the MP02 doesnt do anything only the power let stay on.

Steve Song

Mar 27, 2015, 1:03:53 PM3/27/15
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Luis,

The good news is that you are seeing a power light which is generally a very good sign.  Are you seeing the telltale sequence of flashes when you power up with the reset button pressed?  i.e. one long and several short flashes?

Cheers... Steve

Luis Portillo

Mar 27, 2015, 1:21:39 PM3/27/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi again I'm only seeing the power on led, it does not do anything else no flashing leds

Song, Stephen

Mar 27, 2015, 1:42:21 PM3/27/15
to Luis Portillo
Hi Luis,

moving the dev community to BCC until we figure this out.

Are getting a little click feeling when you push the reset button in?  Could you do the same test on another MP2 to see if you get the long flash, short flashes sequence by using the reset button at power-on?

Cheers... Steve

Steve Song

Luis Portillo

Mar 27, 2015, 1:55:41 PM3/27/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lmpor...@2uontime.com
Yes I get the little click but it doesn't do anything, I think I remove everything on it.
 I did the test on another MP2 and it worked fine.

Luis Portillo

Mar 27, 2015, 2:00:36 PM3/27/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lmpor...@2uontime.com
Maybe it is bricked

Regards

Steve Song

Mar 27, 2015, 2:25:33 PM3/27/15
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Luis,

If the MP2 is not going into uboot mode, and you can get another MP2 into uboot mode, then it does appear as if something is seriously wrong.  It is still possible that you could recover it but the next step would be to install a serial interface on the MP2 and try to intervene via the command line. It may not be worth the candle.

Regards... Steve

Steve Song

Luis Portillo

Mar 27, 2015, 2:42:15 PM3/27/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com, st...@villagetelco.org
Well the good news is that I have a new paperweight hahaha
thanks for your help

regards

T Gillett

Mar 27, 2015, 2:52:37 PM3/27/15
to village-telco-dev

One more test you can try to see if the OpenWrt Failsafe is working.

Set up a PC to continuously ping 192.168.1.1  and connect to the LAN port of the MP2.

Then apply power to the MP2.

After 5 - 10 seconds you should see responses to the pings.

Then press and hold the reset/toggle buton for several seconds then release it.

The ping responses should continue.

Then telnet to the same IP.

Terry

Luis Portillo

Mar 27, 2015, 3:11:55 PM3/27/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hello tlg:
I did also the test you recommended and nothing happen :(

T Gillett

Mar 27, 2015, 3:29:05 PM3/27/15
to village-telco-dev

I think you have a new paperweight, sadly.
I am a little surprised because the firmware upgrade does not affect the bootloader.
But I guess anything could happen in a powerloss event.