Rural in Cornwall, Uk

Paul Pearson

Dec 9, 2016, 11:03:12 AM12/9/16
to Village Telco Development Community
Hi can I have some advice as to whether this will work in the U.K.

My property is a lodge on a holiday site and there is a large group of us (60-100 lodges) that need as close to broadband as possible. Unfortunately the owner of the site refuses to allow landlines on site and mobile phone signal is weak to non existent.

Would Mesh Potato work and be available to us and roughly what would the cost be.

Many thanks

Paul

T Gillett

Dec 9, 2016, 3:15:23 PM12/9/16
to village-telco-dev
Hi Paul

In principle the MP could be used for this, but you would need a reasonablyhigh level of technical expertise to set it all up and maintain it over time.

You may be better off to engage a commercial supplier to install a site wifi system based on products such as Open-Mesh, MikroTik or Ubiquity.

In any case you will obviously have to provide an Internet uplink with enough capacity to support the required number of users, and handle the billing for usage.

Regards
Terry

Paul

Steve Song

Dec 9, 2016, 6:22:24 PM12/9/16
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Paul,

The biggest question is where can you get a good Internet connection from and how far away is it.    The Mesh Potato does require a certain level of expertise to set up and implement.  It all depends on whether you would be willing to invest time in the setup and maintenance of the network.

Cheers... Steve Song