Howto install SECN 3 firmware on TP-Link MR3020

khaipi

Sep 28, 2015, 3:29:18 PM9/28/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I am now preparing for our VillageTelco Deployment in Myanmar again. We will have our final deployment in November this year.

After SECN (http://download.villagetelco.org/firmware/secn/stable/tp-link/SECN_3/openwrt-SECN-3_0-GA01-mr3020-v1-squashfs-factory.bin ) firmware upgrade from MR3020 Web Interface, I could not access via 192.168.0.254(MR3020 -V.1.9 - defualt IP).

The bootloader is now broken?

I am not sure if I did it correctly.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Thomas

T Gillett

Sep 28, 2015, 3:46:08 PM9/28/15
to village-telco-dev

Hi Thomas

If you installed SECN firmware on a MR3020 device then the IP address it will appear on by default is 10.130.1.20

By default there will be no DHCP service running so you will need to configure you PC with a static IP address to connect to it.

If you look on the VillageTelco Wiki web page you will find a User Guide for SECN 3 which may be helpful.

Regards
Terry

khaipi

Sep 28, 2015, 5:00:18 PM9/28/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry,

Thanks again. Yes, I could now access it.. i tried to connect the LAN 10.130.1.1 :-)
That was my fault.
We will need your support for our VT deployment, I will let you know later our networks plan.

Best Regards,

Thomas K

T Gillett

Sep 28, 2015, 5:56:29 PM9/28/15
to village-telco-dev
Hi Thomas

Good news.

Very interested to hear more details of your planned deployment.

Regards
Terry